Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Praetorians by Eidos
I just got an email update from gamespot. Impressive looking game! I hadn't heard of it being developed.<br>
<br>
gamespot.com/gamespot/sto...57,00.html <p>Aulus, Legio XX.
the HIGH NOISE/low signal person for RAT.
ICQ 940236
</p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub45.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showLocalUserPublicProfile?login=richsc>RichSC</A> at: 1/27/02 3:25:15 am<br></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
It must be nearing completion by now, it's been knocking around for years at various stages of development. The original version was I think going to be similar in ethos to Shogun: Total war, certainly the early screens look like that. it also had some dreadful fantasy egyptians. These days it looks more hopeful, though they've lost the Shogun type battle engine in favour of an isometric view point. It's developed by the blokes who make Commandos, and Commandos 2 got given priority. IIRC either Praetorians uses the Commandos 2 engine or Commandos used the Praetorians engine. Either way if true that bodes well as Commandos 2 is a VERY good game. I think what ever they had orignally planned was blown out of the water by Shogun, that engine of course is now being developed into a Medieval game that looks promising, and there was no catching up for Pyro and Praetorians so they decided to take a different approach, which has added 2 years or so to the release of this. <p></p><i></i>
In the name of heaven Catiline, how long do you propose to exploit our patience..