Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Port of Ostia
"Ostia, Port of Rome", is a card and strategy game based in Roman economics. You are a merchant, you have various goods to trade, sell, use to bribe the senate or store until they become more valuable. For 3-5 players. It was originally a German language game, but now is available in English from Mayfair games. I think it is worth adding to my collection, just for the theme, and hopefully someday I'll find some people who want to play it! :lol:

Here is a link to the company www.mayfairgames.com/
They also have the 2 person card game "Caesar and Cleopatra"
and other Roman theme games "Quo Vadis" and "Nero".
Caius Fabius Maior
Charles Foxtrot
moderator, Roman Army Talk
link to the rules for posting
[url:2zv11pbx]http://romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=22853[/url]
Here is what the company says about the Ostia game....
"Ostia, first century A.D.: Merchants obtain and distribute the resources that the Roman Senate needs to complete civic projects. Those that support the Senate over the next five years will gain special favor in the eyes of the senators.

Players receive resources from arriving ships, and after buying and selling with other players, try to assemble the resources the Senate is most eager to receive. However, the needs of the Senate change from year to year. In OSTIA, players must judge when is the best time to provide goods to the Senate. But, players must also sell goods in order to get the income necessary to obtain more resources. And, the Senate watches to make sure that no one uses more resource types than they should….

Will you be clever enough to become the favorite of the Senate?"

Co-produced with Proluda, GmbH

Players: 3-5
• Ages: 12+
• Playing Time: 60-75 minutes

(I think it might work as an online playable game....)
Caius Fabius Maior
Charles Foxtrot
moderator, Roman Army Talk
link to the rules for posting
[url:2zv11pbx]http://romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=22853[/url]