Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Were the Germans physically superior?
I have only found vague references but in Celtic Society there was a cultish fashion of taking heads. The Japanese Samurai also did so during battle and was still practiced by pacific tribes ( Headhunters ) until recently. This has been used to guess that all cultures at least at some point have a common background. The shamanistic religions are not well documented as they are very old. Yet all over the world similar practices have been found. Most of the Celtic references I have read were in "Osprey" books but others have published findings as well. Even the Persians supposedly used the piked head of Leonidas as a warning to others after Thermopylae. I forget which source spoke of the Persian soldiers not wanting to approach the decapitated head of Leonidas suggesting some religious context.
The Germanic tribes also took battle trophies to display prowess and the Romans did also donating certain objects to Temples and keeping others to adorn their homes.
Craig Bellofatto

Going to college for Massage Therapy. So reading alot of Latin TerminologyWink

It is like a finger pointing to the moon. DON\'T concentrate on the finger or you miss all the heavenly glory before you!-Bruce Lee

Train easy; the fight is hard. Train hard; the fight is easy.- Thai Proverb

Messages In This Thread
Re: - by MeinPanzer - 03-27-2010, 10:37 PM
Re: Re: - by Tarbicus - 03-30-2010, 10:03 AM
Re: - by Alanus - 04-01-2010, 04:52 AM
Re: - by SigniferOne - 05-06-2010, 05:51 AM
Re: Were the Germans physically superior? - by Astiryu1 - 05-22-2010, 05:49 PM
Re: Were the Germans physically superior? - by Abe - 12-25-2012, 04:59 AM