Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Decline and fall of the Roman myth"
Yes, I was particularly incensed by last night's program. I found it even more insulting than the previous shows. I'm no art historian, but even I was appalled by his use of the ancient historic record. Because YES... you can prove through ONE, ONE piece of art that the persians must have been totally different rulers than the Romans. Never mind that those ancient persians had their own war-like scenes too.

His ability to take things out of context is just amazing-- he zooms in on the ONE piece of evidence convienient to him, even if everything else is not and totally contradicts it. I wasn't even thinking about the parthians not being the same as the persians-- he was misrepresenting the persians anyway!

I got so mad I turned it off before they even got to the Greeks. I used to think he was a pretty cool guy for how he made these kind of neat irreverant historical documenteries, but this recent series has made me loose all respect for him.
-Christy Beall

Messages In This Thread
Re: "Decline and fall of the Roman myth" - by satsobek - 06-10-2006, 12:26 PM
barbarians - by Graham Sumner - 06-10-2006, 04:08 PM
Re: barbarians - by Narukami - 06-11-2006, 01:31 AM
barbarians - by Graham Sumner - 06-11-2006, 01:53 AM
But he had a point - by Shapur II - 05-15-2008, 02:29 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The decline and fall of the Roman Empire??? griffin 9 2,465 06-20-2011, 04:19 AM
Last Post: griffin