Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mirliton - Etruscan Figures
Does anyone know anything about the Etruscan, Samnite, and Apulian ranges of Mirliton (www.mirliton.it/)?<br>
Who else makes 25mm Etruscans (besides Ral Partha)?<br>
<br>
thanks <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub45.ezboard.com/udannoulpius.showPublicProfile?language=EN>Danno Ulpius</A> at: 9/29/02 4:55:20 am<br></i>
Dan Diffendale
Ph.D. candidate, University of Michigan
Assuming you mean 28mm<br>
<br>
I think Old Glory make some though with the inherent problems of a variable range and huge bags. I've seen some nicely done conversions from the Foundry World of the Greek range, a bit of simple work with Greenstuff and Bob's your uncle. It's been well established before that i'm a Foundry bigot though, so i'd not pay too much attention to that<br>
<br>
Navigator do Samnites, but I'm not sure of the quality, I have some samples of their Greek mercenaries, they're passable, but nothing special. <p><BR><a href="http://pub45.ezboard.com/fromanarmytalkfrm6.showMessage?topicID=53.topic" target="Rules For Posting"></p><i></i>
In the name of heaven Catiline, how long do you propose to exploit our patience..
I own several Spartan hoplites from the Blacktree Design range, and I suspect that their armour is anachronistic. They all wear <i> pylos</i> helmets c. 418 BC, some wear the linen cuirass but there are a few wearing <i> bell</i> cuirasses, some coupled with leather <i> pteruges</i>. Is this panoply historically accurate? From what I've read, the bell cuirass went out of fashion c. early 5th century BC. And were they ever worn with <i> pteruges</i> covering the hips or shoulders, or both?<br>
<br>
Another point is that all the Spartan figures have full facial hair, moustaches and beards. I was under the impression that by the late 5th century BC they shaved off their moustaches. Perhaps this practice was not universal among the Spartans?<br>
<br>
Any comments would be appreciated.<br>
<p></p><i></i>