Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It\'s too hot here in the UK!!
Its +32 degrees celsius in the shadow here in Finland. I´m in our summerhouse and shooting with my bow, swimming, fishing, reading, not bad ("Sol" is now my favourite beer with a touch of lime and ice-cold!)!

Here is a picture of the same dock in our summerhouse, the temperature can drop in winter 30 below zero so the difference can be 60 degrees....
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
Quote:Same-ish. We're not built for this kind of heat. Sweating at night when not undertaking any activity is not right!
Duh. I was out in my squamata on Saturday (Museum Eindhoven).... :oops:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
A friend dared yesterday to call me on my mobile telling me he's just visiting the archaeological park in Xanten while I was sweating in the office. Aaaarrrrgggghhh, that made me jealous :evil:

Today will be another hot day with over 30°C :? I can't stand this heat, around 25-27 °C is totally fine.
It wouldn't be bad if we had "air conditioning". But all we generally have is "moving hot air around". Couple that with the usual HUGE office windows and it's a faint-aganza. :evil:
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
We're having strange weather here in Canada, in my neck of the woods as well. Last year we were frying with 30 degree weather, with the humidex it'd be up around 35-38 degrees. Now, we're getting a fair bit of rain and cloudy days, keeping the temperature just below 30, and the humidex down.

Seems like you guys over in Europe got our stinky weather!

he hee!

Legion: TBD
Quote: Here is a picture of the same dock in our summerhouse, the temperature can drop in winter 30 below zero so the difference can be 60 degrees....

That first pic looks really good right now. Big Grin
[Image: Atrectus.jpg]
centurio pilus prior cohortis Primus Tungriorum peditata
AKA Gabriele Campbell
It was pleasantly warm here today, but with a rather cool wind at times. The castle was immersed in mist around midday.....which is still covering the hills I can see from the window...
I think we have different weather to the rest of you.... :? ?
(I guess there will be an influx of tourists suddenly arriving.... :lol: :lol: )
Virilus, the view from your summerhouse is lovely.....!!
regards
Arthes
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-
Quote:It was pleasantly warm here today, but with a rather cool wind at times. The castle was immersed in mist around midday.....which is still covering the hills I can see from the window...
I think we have different weather to the rest of you.... :? ?

Christy, you live in North Yorkshire. Remember that big yellow fireball in the sky you see a few times a year? That's called the Sun....

:wink:
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Not only in Eurpoe.
Consider ,if you will,south Georgia.
Greek campaign weather even in the winter.
It was a record 99f yesterday(up from the previous 98.
When I get up in the morning it's 72 at 6:30am.
Got "Hot"? Yep.(and STILL no rain).

Pork chops????
In a seggie it's like boiled ham!
Andy Booker

Gaivs Antonivs Satvrninvs

Andronikos of Athens
Around 35 here...
[Image: 120px-Septimani_seniores_shield_pattern.svg.png] [Image: Estalada.gif]
Ivan Perelló
[size=150:iu1l6t4o]Credo in Spatham, Corvus sum bellorum[/size]
Anybody want to swap?!
[Image: 185064030_d7f863bbfd.jpg]
posted by Duncan B Campbell
https://ninth-legion.blogspot.com/
Quote:Anybody want to swap?!

Can we have our fair share of bad weather back please, we could exchange hostages at Manchester?
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Quote:Anybody want to swap?!
[Image: 185064030_d7f863bbfd.jpg]
[size=200:158mnetd]MEEEEEEEE!!![/size]
[Image: 120px-Septimani_seniores_shield_pattern.svg.png] [Image: Estalada.gif]
Ivan Perelló
[size=150:iu1l6t4o]Credo in Spatham, Corvus sum bellorum[/size]
Hey, folks, come on down to Texas and feel some even higher heats! Generally, last week was fairly cool with temps averaging around 95F in the daytime (what's that, 36C?). Next month, the average will be higher. Last summer we had 30+ consecutive days of over 100F with no rain at all. Not much wind, either. You get a real perspective of how a brass oven works when you put on your helmet and stand out in the sun. Confusedhock:

But any way you cut it, it beats an Ice Age, so who's complaining?
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Quote:Hey, folks, come on down to Texas and feel some even higher heats!
Thanks for the very kind offer, but I think I'll pass on that for now.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!