Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RTR Addiction?
Quote:
Quote:PS: how do i get rid of the IRRITATING unit standards and green movement triangles?
You don't, although mods may affect the look. It's how you select units and sometimes, in a big fray, they do come in handy.
There is a way of dumping the flags and triangles, but I'm away for Xmas right now and don't have a way of looking at the appropriate text file. It's very easy, and is one of the main .txt files in the install directory, and all you have to do is change the end of a line from TRUE to FALSE. I'll look it up when I'm back at my own machine in a few days.

This same text file controls many things, and you can also modify some of the units fairly easily (make velites into a mob, hastati can mob as well as form testudo, change the spacing between legionaries, etc). IIRC.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
You can? Cool!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
When I'm back home in a few days I'll post my .txt file so you can try it out, as long as you promise to backup your original one, just in case :wink: I'll also post my attempts at custom battles for you to mess with (testingdifferent formations).
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Quote:as long as you promise to backup your original one, just in case
I never back up my files, that's why RAT still works despite all the mods I added. Can't be too bold! :wink:
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Cool Jim!!!

thanx in advance!!

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
Hello,

if you want to change the preferences.txt file in the RTW folder (to get rid of the arrows and banners) you can wait for Jims reply or look at the forum on www.totalwar.org in the RTW section. There are a lot of RTW guides in which everything is explained.

If I would know how to make links here I would give you one. :roll:

Edit: oops, it seems to be very easy to create links by simply writing the address. :lol: But unfortunately the forum on the org is down right now.

Edit2: as I'm at home now and the TW forum is down yet I can maybe give a short hint myself if you don't want to wait longer Big Grin

First you should save every file (preferences.txt in this case) you want to change in a special folder! After copying and saving:

1. Open the preferences.txt file in the RTW main folder
2. Open the search option and type: "arrow". So you easily will find the line "DISABLE_ARROW_MARKERS:FALSE" Change FALSE to TRUE.
3. Then find the line "SHOW_BANNERS:TRUE", best with the search function. Change the word TRUE to FALSE.
4. That's it. Close the file and play.

Btw: better download EB 0.8 and play this!

wkr
Wolfgang Zeiler
Wolfgang Zeiler
Found my battles, but can't upload a .zip file to here.

Tarbys replays ZIP

Let me know if they don't work.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
havent tried them yet, am still too busy keeping the senate at bay... conquered gaul and britannia, but seem to have difficulty consolidating wealth without getting people angry....... exterminated all foes....... even sent a plague ridden diplomat to Rome to kill off the senate........ didnt work.....

what i dont like about the game is that it isnt as accurate as i had hoped...

most importantly is the lack of proper auxilia, the impossibility to demand hostages, and the impossibility to acquire proper allies who i can order! to assist me in war. or levy legions........ bigest army size is still not a legion...

its 189 BC now........ and it takes a long time on my comp......... so probably will try to conquer Rome next.... however the bruttii and scipii may prevent me.............

a very big downside is that you cannot fight naval battles in 3D......

M.VIB.M.

ps is the total realism version only in battles??

DAMMIT!!! cannot even install 1.2!! computer isnt good enough........

back to 1.0 then..........for now........

H.J.Vrielink.
Anyone has this happen??

I was battling away at the Carthaginian city of Carthago nova..... shooting the walls with all artillery i had....

Then decided it was time for my proud legionaries to scale the town walls with my siege tower!!!!!!!!

OOOOOOOOPSSSSSSSSS

forgot to give my onager team the order to stop shooting......

hahahahaha

siege tower completely destroyed!!!! about 20 meters from the wall......

however... i sapped the walls and still managed to take the city

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

M.VIB.M.

H.J.Vrielink.
Yes there are a lot of niggles with the RTW scenarios! Instead of a plauge ridden diplomat, try a plauge ridden spy, as he actually enters the city! That assuming the senate do not discover him immediately and assassinate him! Sad
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
BTW, I cannot play the historical battles on the RTR download! Is it just me?
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Complete PC Addiction M.ilionario 2 1,319 09-07-2006, 10:35 PM
Last Post: Dan Diffendale