Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RTR Addiction?
Quote:Ah yes the powers of gaming over the masses. Yes that would be considered an addiction. I would know from experience. I too play RTW, but I dont let it run my life. At one time Civilization 3 and Age of Empires (all of them) ran my life. We should start some sort of AA group for gamers.
haha. It's an idea. I play lots of games with wide ranging motifs, but I always come back to RTR, it just has so much range of gameplay that I don't get bored. Of course, someone calls me for baseball or football, well RTR has to wait for that haha.
Rob
Tiberius Martius Julius
Gregalis
XIV GMV
Does anyone know what happened to their forums?

I come from Total War center an RTR forums btw.
They opened a new website which is also down at this time:

http://www.totalrealism.net/

The forums are still down...one can only pray that the 7.0 patch wont be scraped alltogether now that MTW2 is around the corner.
[Image: ebusitanus35sz.jpg]

Daniel
Quote:This is probably more psychology, but if one cancels a date with an extremely attractive girl to play RTR (Rome: Total Realism), does that qualify as an addiction? haha.

Well... lol -still in shock about this- I guess you could say that, lol. On saying that, I play for RTW for hours on end, at least once a day (at least four hours) and if I don't get my RTW fix. I get angry. lol Not really, but its very entertaining.

When I ever get a boyfriend, I fear for him. He comes after my horse riding/carriage driving, my rpgs, my RTW style games, my friends/family and my writing.

Which could explain my I'm still single! lol
Amanda Welshman
(No Roman name yet)
I've been addicted to RTW too for quite a long time....
Now I'm addicted to RAT..... :lol:
Francisco Machado aka M.ilionario

Atheist

"You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war" - Napoleon Bonaparte
Civilization is fun and the possibilities are end less. I have been a civ fan for 4 years and a RTW fan for about a year. I love fighting back to forces of darkness so to speak. However they can never compair to the real thing. That is why I reenact so much.
"I fear no enemy for the Legion is my strength. I fear not death for my strength is eternal."

Ben Geraci
I've been playing RTR on and off since the first version of RTR. I'll have these times where I play it non stop for a couple of months and then quit playing while waiting for the next build. The last I played was RTR Gold with the realistic map mod and my own custom soundtrack (actually, my I made my soundtrack back for 5.0 I think.) I only started playing recently in anticipation for 7.0 after learning that M2TW is coming out as well as reading these and other forums on Rome.

Back when 6.0 first came out, I was dating this girl that absolutely hated RTW, thought that my interest in ancient history was annoying and that video games were for kids. That was a long time ago. I'm really glad the new girlfriend is down with it! 8)
Well, have heart folks. My wife STILL does not understand it, has no interest in gaming, gets mad when I am late for anything because of it, but we have been married for 10 years and she has just learned to deal with it as a part of our relationship...

kind of like if I had a crack addiction....

Big Grin
I would call it Geekdom+3

Trust me girls are more fun to play with than any videogame made.
"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

a.k.a. Paul M.
No argument there Primvs... :lol:
I finally got around to installing it today (although the RTR mod bombs it out, and I'll be re-installing it!). I'm awful at it. It's really gut-wrenching when a wussy phalanx creams your unit, and I definitely got the most cowardly legionaries in the entire Roman army! :evil:
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Finally got round to making a proper install of the RTR mod (6.0 Gold) which works this time. I'm actually winning battles!
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
I was wondering what had happened to the official RTW site :evil: :evil:

Now I find out that I have to uninstall all my previous RTW to play what sounds like a new version!!!!! Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Just when my attempt to take over the empire is about to succeed as well! :roll:

When I RTW07 coming out?

Regards
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Here are their official forums, any news will be posted here http://forums.totalrealism.net/

Also here is another forum http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26
Dave Bell/Secvndvs

Comitatus
[Image: comitatus.jpg]

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.comitatus.net">www.comitatus.net
Great! I re-install RTW, download realism06 and it just crashesout! :evil: :evil: What else do I need to do to get the d@%$£ thing to run? took an hour to download too!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Complete PC Addiction M.ilionario 2 1,319 09-07-2006, 10:35 PM
Last Post: Dan Diffendale