Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RTR Addiction?
Any error messages Byron?
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
No Jasper, non!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:Great! I re-install RTW, download realism06 and it just crashesout! :evil: :evil: What else do I need to do to get the d@%$£ thing to run? took an hour to download too!

Do this: go to My computer/C: /program files/Activision (or whatever ya RTW file is.)/Rome:Total War/Data/World/maps/base then delete the map.rwm icon. This should fix the crash but If not have a look on the RTR website.
Dave Bell/Secvndvs

Comitatus
[Image: comitatus.jpg]

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.comitatus.net">www.comitatus.net
Doesn't it need to be a particular version of RTW to make sure RTR installs properly and doesn't crash? Is it 1.5?
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Yeah, after reinstall, patch RTW first with the official upgrades, then convert/patch to RTR. Worked for me.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
ok, well when I get back in town with my laptop will try these things
Glad I didn't try it on my desktop! :evil:

Regards
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Yes !!!!! Big Grin D D D D D

Finaly did it right! thanks for the help guys! Uninstalled RTW, reinstalled, it, then remembered to re-install the patches :oops: :oops: :oops:

It is soooooooooooo great! Now will never get away from it! lol

Cheers
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
I uninstalled RTW because the AI told me to kill my own faction leader, and when I didn't, everyone declared war on me. I thought that was pretty stupid, so i got rid of the game, lol.

Since then, I'm getting more sleep at night, and have a much better relationship with my girlfriend lol. I think the benefits of not playing it so much are better than being addicted...hehehe.

Legion: TBD
LOL Well the g/f has far worse ultimatums to hand out, so that was probably your safer option! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, I got RTR to work on my laptop finally, but now cannot get it going on my desktop! Had going as fatr as the menusystem to choose a game, then it crashed. Now cannot get it going past the opening map, when the cursor pops out and the game freezes! Sad ? evil:
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:I uninstalled RTW because the AI told me to kill my own faction leader, and when I didn't, everyone declared war on me. I thought that was pretty stupid, so i got rid of the game, lol.

Since then, I'm getting more sleep at night, and have a much better relationship with my girlfriend lol. I think the benefits of not playing it so much are better than being addicted...hehehe.

Congrats!

As I said earlier there is not a video game produced thats more fun than a girl!
"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

a.k.a. Paul M.
Hahahaha, well said gents!

Behind every great roman was a great woman, and behind every gamer is a po'd girlfriend...!!!

Legion: TBD
they should bring out RTR on PS3!!!

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
Quote:and behind every gamer is a po'd girlfriend...!!!

When I was single I loved to find those PO'd girlfriends :wink:
"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

a.k.a. Paul M.
Guys i dont even have RTR at the moment... two days ago i got RTW for 10 Euro......... and these last two nights! i have been at it way too much......

it is the most addictive game i have ever played, apart from the early days of Shogun TW.......

now do i understand correctly there are people modding the armies looks at the mo?

M.VIB.M.

PS: how do i get rid of the IRRITATING unit standards and green movement triangles?
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
Quote:PS: how do i get rid of the IRRITATING unit standards and green movement triangles?
You don't, although mods may affect the look. It's how you select units and sometimes, in a big fray, they do come in handy.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Complete PC Addiction M.ilionario 2 1,289 09-07-2006, 10:35 PM
Last Post: Dan Diffendale