Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Show here your Greek warrior impression
This armor can splenditly reanct from Archaic Roman to hellenistic Italian mercenary of the Italiotic colonies.
Well done.

Kind regards
Honest question,did the Apulians ever actually wear corinthian helmets? Perhaps your friend could add a lot of padding and make it an apulocorinthian Big Grin
Khaire
Giannis
Giannis K. Hoplite
a.k.a.:Giannis Kadoglou
a.k.a.:Thorax
[Image: -side-1.gif]
Based on grave findings we know there was lots of trade and exchange of goods. So the corinthian is not ahistorical.

Kind regards
If one of those finds was a corinthian though,this would fully answer to my question.
Giannis K. Hoplite
Quote:Honest question,did the Apulians ever actually wear corinthian helmets? Perhaps your friend could add a lot of padding and make it an apulocorinthian
Quote:Based on grave findings we know there was lots of trade and exchange of goods. So the corinthian is not ahistorical.
It depends on the period. The splendid tomb from Ginosa, dated to the 6th century BC, included both a Corinthian and an Apulo-Corinthian helmet. Other tombs from Lucania include Corinthians, from the same period. HOWEVER, it's anachronistic with the short cuirass shown in the photos, which dates to the 4th century BC. The arm-guard is also earlier, and as far as I know, restricted to central Italy. Full length greaves are not unknown, but for Apulia the more typical type is the short calf-guard.

Quote:
Giannis K. Hoplite:3n6a99v8 Wrote:The Apulian is a new member of your group?
He is a friend of us and presented his Roman armour 5. B.C.
There is absolutely no evidence that the Romans ever wore the bronze "Samnite" belt. The helmet is about a century too early, the cuirass about a century too late for a 5th century impression. It does look cool, though. 8)
Dan Diffendale
Ph.D. candidate, University of Michigan
It was an idea born from to much wine :lol: but a lot of fun...
Kallimachos a.k.a. Kurt

Athina Itonia
[Image: smallsun1.gif]
[url=http://www.hetairoi.de:4a9q46ao][/url]
Our video from the 25th of March parade
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4PIUUhQdJ4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ks5VbTlsgjA

Please forgive the lousy quality and be assured that the helot responsible is being tried the the Ephors. Just a technicality before being thrown to Keadas :twisted:

Kind regards
Very nice. Congratulations. The people sound excited.
Do you think the phraze "Zeus Soter-Nike" was said in turn by different units,similar to some slogans used by fans in football stadiums? Where the one is kind of responce to the other?
Khaire
Giannis
Giannis K. Hoplite
Giannis your answer is probaly in thew thread "warchants and battle cries".

Thanks for your kind remarks all

Kind regards
Awesome videos Stefanos, thanks for sharing.
Kallimachos a.k.a. Kurt

Athina Itonia
[Image: smallsun1.gif]
[url=http://www.hetairoi.de:4a9q46ao][/url]
Thanks Kurt.

That what I meant that we base our paradin on the "Vix Crater"

Kind regards
Giannis,

If it wouldn't offend you, I am going to borrow your Linothorax design as my pattern for my next project. I really like the look of it. It has a very clean look to it. Great job!
"A wise man learns from his mistakes, but the truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others."
Chris Boatcallie
Thanks Chris. Not only I wouldn't be offended,but this is the reason I have shown its construction here many times. I'd like to see it made with even more accurate construction than mine. Believe it or not,I had made another linothorax like mine for a guy (he payed the matterials and helped me a bit in construction) and I didn't take a photo of it. And it was better painted than mine... A pity,I haven't seen this guy or the linothorax for about three years or more!
Khaire
Giannis
Giannis K. Hoplite
I finally can add an impression here. A 5th century Corinthian Hoplite that I have put a LOT of work into and done most of it myself. I am very proud of it even with its imperfections. The spear will be replaced with a more accurate one in two months or so.

[Image: GreekSet004a.jpg]

[Image: GreekSet005a.jpg]

[Image: GreekSet008a.jpg]
"A wise man learns from his mistakes, but the truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others."
Chris Boatcallie
[Image: GreekSet014a.jpg]

[Image: GreekSet017a.jpg]

[Image: GreekSet018a.jpg]
Chris Boatcallie

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wigs good for Greek hoplite impression? dienekes7 0 434 02-20-2021, 08:16 PM
Last Post: dienekes7
  Questions about Hellenistic Greek Thureophoros impression; in need of some advice. JanasAurora 3 4,503 06-19-2018, 10:06 AM
Last Post: TemenosL.1991
  Show here your Byzantine warrior impression Robert Vermaat 86 82,366 10-29-2014, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Folkert van Wijk