Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Show here your Greek warrior impression
Laudes from me,too! Very nice light cavalry impression! The Spanish group Athena Promachos has excellent petassos. Perhaps some Spanish member can shed some light on its construction.
Khaire
Giannis
Giannis K. Hoplite
a.k.a.:Giannis Kadoglou
a.k.a.:Thorax
[Image: -side-1.gif]
Compliments from me too Kineas! Finally the cavalry has arrived Smile
Kallimachos a.k.a. Kurt

Athina Itonia
[Image: smallsun1.gif]
[url=http://www.hetairoi.de:4a9q46ao][/url]
Here are some pics! Hope you to like it :oops:

[Image: imag0150pj8.th.jpg] [Image: imag0151zm1.th.jpg] [Image: imag0154ow6.th.jpg]
Javier Sánchez

"A tomb now suffices him for whom the whole world was not sufficient"
[Image: 76946975ce3.png]
Okay Giannis. Here is my secondary Greek impression. I hope it would have made your ancestors proud to wear it!

That is a very nice looking aspis Javier. I really like the way it turned out! Nice overall look.

[Image: GreekSetB004a.jpg]

[Image: GreekSetB003a.jpg]

[Image: GreekSetB005a.jpg]
"A wise man learns from his mistakes, but the truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others."
Chris Boatcallie
And this board needs a little softer look too! Here is my own Greek Godess...I made her Peplos and the jewelry is all from Armamentaria.

[Image: GreekFemale001a.jpg]

[Image: GreekFemale002a.jpg]

[Image: GreekFemale004a.jpg]
"A wise man learns from his mistakes, but the truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others."
Chris Boatcallie
The Kodridae clan of Athens would be happy and proud to have you among their ranks Chris. And linothorax (a philrxenia presnt) to show affiliations with Euryklidae of Geronthrae (Laconia) too!

As for the lady the red dress fits better with a representation of Hera Areia-the martial goddess of Argos!

Well done.

Laudes
Great impression Chris,your helm in particular is top notch.Laudes warranted me thinks!!
Javier thats a lovely aspis you have,that design is stunning!!Good job all round
Out of sight of subject shores, we kept even our eyes free from the defilement of tyranny. We, the most distant dwellers upon earth, the last of the free, have been shielded till today by our very remoteness and by the obscurity in which it has shrouded our name.
Calgacus The Swordsman, Mons Grapius 84 AD.

Name:Michael Hayes
Here are some pics of the second Heuneburg event.
[url:129qrvu3]http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/aa165/Kallimachos01/Heuneburg%202008/?start=all[/url]
Kallimachos a.k.a. Kurt

Athina Itonia
[Image: smallsun1.gif]
[url=http://www.hetairoi.de:4a9q46ao][/url]
Impressed! Javier,your shield is very beautiful. More so when we know how accurate it is and where it comes from.
Chris,thanks for bothering posting those pics. You have one of the best Greek impressions(or should i say two?) And most impressive,you've made all these by yourself! Congratulations!
Kallimachos,wow,this persian armor looks great! Much greater when worn! And it's very nice that in every new event your group is becoming better and better. Some very good stuff in those photos! I see Geala has upgrated to an archer. And that unfinished muscled cuirass is gorgeus.
How heavy is your persian armor? And can you move freelly in it?
Laudes
Khairete
Giannis
Giannis K. Hoplite
Ah,forgot to complement on your new helmet,Kallimachos! It's great. Gioi,you chose a good target to sell your helmet!
Giannis K. Hoplite
Javier, Kurt
Well done!
Thanks for the remarks.

Giannis & Comerus,

I am in the process of changing my first impression to bring it to a little better aesthetic standard in my own mind. I am going to shorten the bottom two rows of pteryges for the subarmor and just have the one higher row with four layers. What do you think?

I am also making a completely separate piece of subamour with 5-7 layer "linothorax" type trimmed flaps to make them more rigid. I am going to shorten them so the subarmour will not drop below the part of the body where the lino would hit. It will have black rectangle pteryges as layer one, red rectangle pteryges as an offset layer two, and then black linen tongue pteryges as the final layer, all with white trim. I hope it will give it that "pop" to make it as nice as the later impression.

The perfectionist in me is never satisfied.....What do you guys think?
Chris Boatcallie
Hi Chris. I'm a bit confused,sorry. I think the black pteryges you now have in your subarmor are much softer than your lino,right? In the length they are now,they're fine for a later impression,say fourth century bc. If you make them shorter,they must be more rigid. Are you going to cut those pteryges you have,or make new ones?
With the helmets you have,you point to early-middle fifth century bc. On the one side the corinthian helmet,who barely reached middle fifth century,and on the other hand the decorated chalkidean,who may come originally from the fourth century(original in the BM), but the hight crest draws you back to early fifth century. So,i think you do well to midify your subarmor to fit with your helmets.
Khaire
Giannis
Giannis K. Hoplite
Thank you very much guys!

and congratulations to Chris and wife! A great impression, and all made by hand by yourself!!

Kurt, you are now ready to face Porus army at hydaspes :lol: wonderful armor and helmet, congratulations for it!! Big Grin I also like very much that cuirass, how is it made? a frontal and back plate? and the samnite belt looks great. He must be a thyreophoros looking that shield

I am looking for a linothorax, I have asked for some budgets, but I will wait a bit to save some money. I can't do it by myself because I have no time just now Cry .
Javier Sánchez

"A tomb now suffices him for whom the whole world was not sufficient"
[Image: 76946975ce3.png]
I will just leave the existing soft subarmour alone then. That way, I have subarmor for a later impression.

To clarify a bit more, I am making a completely new second piece of subarmour with 5-7 layer thick rigid pteryges in three layers. I am planning on them being no longer than a linothorax, maybe a slight bit shorter. That would be a 5th century look, right?
Chris Boatcallie

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wigs good for Greek hoplite impression? dienekes7 0 434 02-20-2021, 08:16 PM
Last Post: dienekes7
  Questions about Hellenistic Greek Thureophoros impression; in need of some advice. JanasAurora 3 4,499 06-19-2018, 10:06 AM
Last Post: TemenosL.1991
  Show here your Byzantine warrior impression Robert Vermaat 86 82,338 10-29-2014, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Folkert van Wijk