Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Show here your Greek warrior impression
Giannus ,Great find , all praise to GrandMothers 8)
Hannibal ad portas ! Dave Bartlett . " War produces many stories of fiction , some of which are told until they are believed to be true." U S Grant
We had our first camp for this year, a smaller selection of pictures are here
[url:2vykeg9g]http://www.hetairoi.de/zenphoto/2009/Otterbach/[/url]
We tested our new equipment, my friend and I still have to make some changes on our Sarissa's but altogether we are very satisfied with our new stuff :wink: . We also cooked an ancient recipe called Kykeon and it was surprisingly good :-) )
You can see the complete selection of pictures here:
[url:2vykeg9g]http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/aa165/Kallimachos01/Otterbach%202009/?start=all[/url]
[Image: DSC03484.jpg]
Kallimachos a.k.a. Kurt

Athina Itonia
[Image: smallsun1.gif]
[url=http://www.hetairoi.de:4a9q46ao][/url]
Kallimache,the photos are great! The new equipment is great. The cuirass looks much better with the pteryges. And the shields look wonderful. How easilly are they handled?
Congratulations to your group.
Khaire
Giannis
Giannis K. Hoplite
a.k.a.:Giannis Kadoglou
a.k.a.:Thorax
[Image: -side-1.gif]
WOW Confusedhock: Great stuff. is there a thread on RAT relating to the making of the tube & yoke (persian?) armour .love it 8)
Hannibal ad portas ! Dave Bartlett . " War produces many stories of fiction , some of which are told until they are believed to be true." U S Grant
Thank you all for your kind words, I am happy that you like our new impressions.
Quote:How easilly are they handled?
The new Aspis is surprisingly good to handle when you put it on your shoulder, otherwise you have problems because of their heaviness ( 9 Kg).
Quote: is there a thread on RAT relating to the making of the tube & yoke (persian?) armour .love it 8)
It's Persian yes. I didn't really posted a making of but I presented it here link from old RAT at the end of the page :wink:
Kallimachos a.k.a. Kurt

Athina Itonia
Quote:Thank you all for your kind words, I am happy that you like our new impressions.
Giannis K. Hoplite:iu7w05v8 Wrote:How easilly are they handled?
The new Aspis is surprisingly good to handle when you put it on your shoulder, otherwise you have problems because of their heaviness ( 9 Kg).
Quote: is there a thread on RAT relating to the making of the tube & yoke (persian?) armour .love it 8)
It's Persian yes. I didn't really posted a making of but I presented it here link from old RAT at the end of the page :wink:

Thanks Kurt Outstanding work . I have pet theory that simular armour may have been worn by the Punic 4th cent. BC Sacred Band at Krimisos 341 bc " with iron cuirasses ,bronze helms ,& large white shields ". you have inspired me to have a go at reconstructing one 8)
I have update our website with all our Easter 2009 photos under Castle Mountain 2009

[url:39d6gl1v]http://sydneyancients.5u.com/index.html[/url]

Craig G
This is me as pezetairoi in a nice event at Sabadell, Arraona Romana.

[Image: dsc4211.th.jpg] [Image: dsc4276.th.jpg]

(Pics taken by Andreu)
Javier Sanchez

"A tomb now suffices him for whom the whole world was not sufficient"
[Image: 76946975ce3.png]
WOW 8)
Great impressiosn,Javier! Well done.What modifications did you do on your Thracian helmet? What is your friend's helmet(the pilos with cheek guards) and what about his shield? I have seen it in some photos from Athenea Promachos...
Khaire
Giannis
Giannis K. Hoplite
a.k.a.:Giannis Kadoglou
a.k.a.:Thorax
[Image: -side-1.gif]
Hi all!

I'm the one with the pilos helmet :lol: all laudes must go to our strategos, Eduardo Guillén, he lend me the pezhetairoi kit, I went to this event with a classical panoply. The one with the phrigian helmet is Arquelao, it is a deepeeka phrigian helmet, but fully modified. Big Grin shock:

The pilos helmet was made in Australia, and the cheekguards were made by Ferran Garreta (the craftman who made untilatie's punic kit) who also made the shield with the sun of Vergina.

I think people was impressed with the macedonian phalanx (2 men phalanx :lol: ) and we are very happy with this. We hope to be more pezhetairoi in future events.
Javier Sanchez

"A tomb now suffices him for whom the whole world was not sufficient"
[Image: 76946975ce3.png]
Finally more Makedonians, I am happy. Great impession Javier!!!
Kallimachos a.k.a. Kurt

Athina Itonia
Greetings fellow Ancient Greece fans, historians, reenactors and what else you may prefer to call yourself! I was looking for a proper topic to introduce myself and I think this will do the job just fine! It might have been an accident that brought me to these forums, but by all means it was a lucky one, as I have yet to see a more friendly and informed community as one can find over here.

I am currently working hard to put together my "civil" and combat costume representing a corinthian navy hoplite from around 450-400 b.c. This will be a necessary part of a much larger, ambitious and challenging project that my group decided to start some time ago. We are currently building a fully functional direme (17m long, 3.5 tons) that will be capable of river and sea offshore travel and if Poseidon allows, will be finished sometimes this summer!

Here is a themed photo of my in my new helmet and himation (I know its a little bit off, I still have some more work to do to wear it properly, its sort of what Athena would look like if she was a man Smile ). My dory, javelins and aspis are already finished, but I do not have them at home right now, I will make sure to upload more pics later on, as I will with a scaled thorax, chlamys and chiton, which are currently on a good way to completion.

[Image: lysandros.jpg]
Juraj "Lýsandros" Skupy
Dierarchos
-----------------------
In the old times, people were much closer to each other. The firing range of their weapons simply wasnt long enough Smile
Lysandros well aboard great start and your project sound fantastic. Keep the great shaots coming.
Go Marine .great impression underway .very much look forward to the pics,& beware the Barcid punic pirate :lol:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wigs good for Greek hoplite impression? dienekes7 0 434 02-20-2021, 08:16 PM
Last Post: dienekes7
  Questions about Hellenistic Greek Thureophoros impression; in need of some advice. JanasAurora 3 4,503 06-19-2018, 10:06 AM
Last Post: TemenosL.1991
  Show here your Byzantine warrior impression Robert Vermaat 86 82,356 10-29-2014, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Folkert van Wijk