Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alexander \'extended edition\' is coming...
I have been intrigued and willing to give Alexander another shot...visiting Amazon only makes my head hurt as the countless and confusing versions that have come out already.

UK Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_w_h ... x=6&Go.y=9

US Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/10 ... =10&Go.y=9

Please...which one should I pick?
[Image: ebusitanus35sz.jpg]

Daniel
You are aware you can buy free zone DVD players in Ebay, right? Without that most of the DVD collection I brought home from my stay in the US would be worthless Big Grin

So..its in the US amazon the revisited version then:

http://www.amazon.com/Alexander-Revisit ... 565&sr=8-1

[Image: B000MGB6NM.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_V46756181_.jpg]

Daniel
Quote:Still can you watch 100% the NTSC with the same quality as with your Pal DVDs?
IIRC most TVs or DVD players will adapt to each system. My video here can play most NTSC tapes, though not all.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
My TV set is nothing special but the DVD player I bought through Ebay to some Brit dude for 70 Euro and I basically have a good DVD player which additionally lets me watch US DVDs.

Any idea when the Euro version might be out?

Daniel
Hi all,

So I'm really in a pickle regarding the new extended edition of Alexander. I already gave money at the theater to see it, and then I bought the Director's Cut and I wasn't that impressed. The battle scenes were really cool, just too short. Now I'm not sure if I want to spend more money on the new DVD or just give up on Oliver Stone. Any ideas from those who have seen it? Is it worth $20 or should I save my money?

Thanks!
Gaius Tertius Severus "Terti" / Trey Starnes

"ESSE QUAM VIDERE"
I have a dvd player and seperate writer on my computer.....I can adjust my writer to Region 1 and leave the player on Region 2...
The dvd recorder I don't use an awful lot..but it is Region programmable.
Trey, I am still waiting for delivery of my Alexander Revisited, but from the extra footage I have seen so far, it looks to have been repolished and shines more brightly than ever... just like a new film...
If you thought the battle scenes too short....I think they will now suit, expecially if you like them somewhat gory :wink:
regards
Arthes
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-
I just got my copy today from Amazon US and have been watching loose scenes and.....Whoa!

Its like an entirely different movie...I just can not believe what a huge amount of cool scenes were left out. The whole battles are like completely new.

A great buy

Daniel
I broke down and bought the copy last week. It was definitely better than the first two, but overall, I don't think it was a drastic improvement. The battle scenes were much better, and the storyline made a heck of a lot more sense with the extra footage.

I'd still like to see another director try to tackle the legacy of Alexander...or maybe even just make a movie about a specific battle like the movies Gettysburg, The Longest Day, or Midway. Maybe then the battles scenes would be the most important part, while still captivating the characters involved.
Gaius Tertius Severus "Terti" / Trey Starnes

"ESSE QUAM VIDERE"
Quote:
Comerus Gallus Romus:15cvh6iz Wrote:
Quote:did Stone focus on the wrong things . . . .
I think he did... he went to his intimate life that was always something not clear.
Yes, humanising him.... :wink:
Maybe there will be more of a balance in 'Revisited'...
Quote: as was whoever it was they picked for Parmenion"...
It was John Kavanagh who played Parmenion

but Alexander also had 'female' lovers, which was total ignored, apart from Roxanna/e! Hardly a balanced viewpoint!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
I am absolutely furious, my Alexander Revisited was on pre-order since January, was supposedly 'released' here on 20th and I still have not received it...unless no indication was left of the delivery and I was out.
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  History Channel.....Alexander and Romans coming soon Arthes 1 1,049 02-14-2006, 07:50 PM
Last Post: Optio equitum