Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Red Sand, Blue Sky": New Gladiatorial Game Availa
Hello again, everyone...<br>
<br>
I'm pleased to announce that "Red Sand, Blue Sky: Gladiatorial Combat in the Arena" is now available for purchase. This set of miniatures rules may be purchased online from 2 Hour Wargames in the USA (12.00 USD) and it is also available from Amazon Miniatures (8.50 BPS) in the UK.<br>
<br>
RSBS can be used with any scale of figures and it is unique in that it is playable <span style="text-decoration:underline">solo</span>.The rules are easy to learn and fast to play: a typical match between two characters lasts about 10-15 minutes (or less) making the game very near "real time" in duration. <em>There is no pre-plotting of movement, etc. and bookkeeping during the match is minimal</em>.Character activation is done with ordinary playing cards.<br>
<br>
A campaign game is included that allows players to follow the fame and fortune of an individual gladiator, or run a familia gladiatoria, or they may do both. Players will find that it is possible to run group combats with several characters on a side because the game mechanics control the actions of "non-player" characters.<br>
<br>
While RSBS covers the more common types of gladiators, it will soon be followed by a free supplement called "RSBS:Venator" that will be available from the 2HW Support Group on Yahoo. This supplement will have all of the rules necessary to fight animals and battle mounted characters on horses or chariots.<br>
<br>
RSBS is just the thing for players with a little time on their hands and want a quick game that requires little space and set-up time. If you have any questions regarding the game, please ask me. I'd be more than happy to respond.<br>
<br>
(N.B.: This is cross-posted from the Roman Combat Sports Forum. I hope you all don't mind.)<br>
<br>
Cheers!<br>
Patrick <p></p><i></i>

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gladiatorial RPG/Board Game JRSCline 3 2,522 11-29-2001, 12:00 PM
Last Post: StrategyM