Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Names
Quote:
taira1180:17401yk7 Wrote:Try codfish with faba, lot's of oil olive and green wine, and then tell me something...

Will do :wink: . Actually codfish is traditionally eaten here in Greece with scordalia, a garlic and walnuts or almonds sauce. Here’s a recipe
http://www.elais.gr/exports/recipes/scordalia.html

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Remarks by Philip on the Athenian Leaders:
Philip said that the Athenians were like the bust of Hermes: all mouth and dick. 
Quote:
taira1180:niyl2x3m Wrote:Try codfish with faba, lot's of oil olive and green wine, and then tell me something...

Are you refering to me?

You better watch out, I'm very sensitive with my family & very proud of my origin , you seems a person who know nothing, Komnenus is a huge family wich its name & family is expanded for all over the world, also its common among greeks....

You realy make my blood hot right now you dont better insult me! :evil:

I easily can lose my patience & I kill for my family honor, I can forget what I'm... you Stupid!... donbt start a Vendetta!

Gioi

Gioi relax, that last message was for me.
Spyros Kaltikopoulos

Honor to those who in the life they lead
define and guard a Thermopylae.
Never betraying what is right,
consistent and just in all they do
but showing pity also, and compassion
Kavafis the Alexandrian
Ok never mind

Philip said that the Athenians were like the bust of Hermes: all mouth and dick. 
Gioi: i don't undestand what you mean. I was talking with Spyros about my name (faba), and different types of food in portugal. How could that be an insult?
Quote:Try codfish with faba, lot's of oil olive and green wine, and then tell me something...

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Ahhh... the internet and it's silly misunderstandings :lol:
Spyros Kaltikopoulos

Kavafis the Alexandrian
Quote:Ahhh... the internet and it's silly misunderstandings :lol:

Like always! :oops: ...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

No problem, let's continue the talk about names... and food :wink:
All friends than? Back to the names bit... Big Grin
Spyros Kaltikopoulos

Kavafis the Alexandrian
and food, right yiamm
Spyros Kaltikopoulos

Kavafis the Alexandrian
edited

Actually there are a number of names that could be fanny if you translated them in a certain way.
For example Efialtes, you remember that mongrel? :evil:

It means jumby
Spyros Kaltikopoulos

Kavafis the Alexandrian
so its also the name of the dog & mean jumby?

BTW my mum have two goddes names, Elba aslo an Island next to Corsica & Iris! :wink:

Quote:Legend has it that the Island of Elba ("Isola d'Elba") and the other islands of the Tuscan Archipelago (Pianosa, Capraia, Montecristo, Giglio, and Giannutri) first rose up from the sea thanks to the mythical Roman goddess of beauty, Venus. The goddess, journeying through the clouds, suddenly dropped her necklace, set with six precious stones. These stones fell irretrievably into the waters below, and from them were formed the six main islands of the Tuscan Archipelago—the biggest and most beautiful stone constituting the Island of Elba.

[Image: irisSmall.jpg]
Quote:IRIS was the winged goddess of the rainbow, a messenger of the Olympian gods. Later she was described as a handmaiden and personal messenger of the goddess Hera.

She was a goddess of both sea and sky, her father a lord of the brine, her mother an amber-shining cloud-godddess. This was probably because the Greeks most often saw the rainbow's arc spanning from cloud and sea.

Her name has a double meaning, being related to both iris, the rainbow, and eiris, a messenger.

She was depicted as a young woman with golden wings and a herald's rod and/or a pitcher in her hand.

Wasn't in Elba that Napoleon was exiled for some time?
Talking about salmon, any favorite way of cooking it? Personly, i prefer it grilled or roasted.
Quote:Wasn't in Elba that Napoleon was exiled for some time?
Talking about salmon, any favorite way of cooking it? Personly, i prefer it grilled or roasted.

Yes it was that is where my family comefrom, the maniates of C. Napoelon's family was a poor branch of the Comneni F. :wink:

Salmon I like it grilled !... I like every meet very cruchy from its surface! Tongue