Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RAT Conference November 17th-19th 2006
Good to see you safe home. Smile
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.
Dear all, and especially Christian:
we had a splendid time in Augsburg and we have learned a lot about Roman-army-related subjects. There are now plans for a follow-up and it has been shown that this is possible and nice. Augsburg was a nice city and we were happy that Christian showed us the museums, the Cathedral, Peutinger's house, and some of the pubs.

Without sounding too sentimental: it is good that people from different nations meet each other, discuss their shared interest, and learn to know each other's culture better.

Marco and Jona
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Guys, it was simply great! I was especially pleased to see the excellent level of the lectures. Big Grin
Indeed, next year in Nijmegen!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
I am pleased to hear that it was a success and that there will be a follow up next year.
So who was there? How many from RAT and how many from 'the outside'?
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Finally some nice pics of me I can actually live with :lol:

Well, I'm still at the hotel and am leaving now to the train station to meet Volker there for our mutual trip back home.

Thanks to Christian for the great organization and for all the time he'd spent with us despite that fact that he and Liz are moving to another appartment at the moment.

See you all hopefully next year in Nijmegen :wink:
Many thanks to all at the 1st RAT conference! Interesting presentations and it was really great to come to know some of the people you read and write to so much here on RAT.

Special thanks of course go to Christian for a really brilliant job in organizing this from start to end (and even enduring being forced to take the last unwilling-to-go-to-bed participant to a cocktail bar ;-) ) , which in itself deserves laudes from me)!
It was simple great. I've got a nice weekend out there. I would welcome everyone in Nijmegen next year. And hopefully I've ready a lecture by then.

@Christian: My name is actual Jurjen and not Jeroen. Could you chance it, please...
ALA I BATAVORUM
:oops:
Christian K.

Piping up at this point, much as I hate doing 'me, too' posts - yes, THANK YOU Christian, Thank you everybody. It was great.

Hoping to see even more of you next year
Der Kessel ist voll Bärks!

Volker Bach
Well, I'm back home now and have time to read the texts to the pics in detail.

Christian: Why are you writing my name in the first pic correctly and then keep calling me Sylvia??? :?: Did you post this after your visit to the cocktail bar? :lol:
Quote:Well, I'm back home now and have time to read the texts to the pics in detail.

Christian: Why are you writing my name in the first pic correctly and then keep calling me Sylvia??? :?: Did you post this after your visit to the cocktail bar? :lol:

Ave Svenja,

perhaps the second line was written after the third beer? :lol:
Greetings from germania incognita

Heiko (Cornelius Quintus)

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
I was wondering who that Sylvia was! Big Grin

Christain - we keep nagging members to use their real names in their sig for a reason... Big Grin
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Another pic, in front of the Museum ...

[Image: RATAugsburg_01.jpg]
Look at that lovely Roman bag!
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Nah. I was really, really tired yesterday evening...
Christian K.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hotel choice for the RAT conference in Augsburg, November 06 caiusbeerquitius 7 4,629 08-16-2006, 06:34 AM
Last Post: Medusa Gladiatrix
  RAT Conference date in November 2006 caiusbeerquitius 15 7,878 08-15-2006, 10:51 PM
Last Post: Crispvs
  Lecture Proposals for the RAT Conference November 06 caiusbeerquitius 18 7,725 08-07-2006, 01:26 AM
Last Post: richsc