Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magazine subscription rate
The more subscriptions & advertisers, the less the cover price needs to be. Low circulation - which this will surely be in the beginning - means relatively high cost for artwork, articles and print. What would you pay for a subscription if you got 6 issues of at least 52 full color pages on warfare in the ancient world, original artwork and plenty of color photos?

*edit: added converted euro rates*
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
If I have money, I'll pay $60 per year for first class postage and subscription.
However, we probably need to find a USA contact to accept US checks, and distribute the magazine from a USA distribution point, to save $$$. Unless the magazine wants to have some way other than PayPal to accept credit card payments.
Caius Fabius Maior
Charles Foxtrot
moderator, Roman Army Talk
link to the rules for posting
[url:2zv11pbx]http://romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=22853[/url]
Oh, I would seriously consider to get either a 3rd party shopping cart extension or a creditcard security handler thing.
Printing & distribution: depends on the offers I get.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Are the prices per issue or per year? :?: :roll:
Per year for 6 issues. The per issue price will be relatively higher, of course.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
It might be a good idea to restart the poll in case voters thought it was per issue, and change the question so it's clear the price is for 6 issues?
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Ok. I'll do that. :wink:
Now everybody vote!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
I voted!

Legion: TBD
6 issues for 52 pages; for 0.10 every page: 31,2 euros. I think It is the minim price that it might pay. But I think 37 is nice price.
Carme
[url:utwukq64]http://www.primagermanica.com[/url]
[Image: vexilium.jpg]
If we get articles of the right kind of quality (and I don't doubt that, given the origins of this project here), I'd be willing to pay EUR 50 and over per year. I don't pay much less for 'Antike Welt' after all.
Der Kessel ist voll Bärks!

Volker Bach
Voted for 28,96€
That's half what I pay for a 12 issue/year magazine.
Will the subscription cost per issue be lower than the kiosk price?
Francisco Machado aka M.ilionario

Atheist

"You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war" - Napoleon Bonaparte
Yes, of course!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Wow!
You answer quickly
Francisco Machado aka M.ilionario

Atheist

"You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war" - Napoleon Bonaparte
You're new here, eh? :wink:
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Umm I would vote, but I would need to see the prices within Australian dollars to work out now much I would pay.

Does anyone know any good currency converter websites?
Amanda Welshman
(No Roman name yet)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feel free to rate and comment on my latest youtube slideshow MARCvSVIBIvSMAvRINvS 5 1,422 04-28-2009, 07:04 AM
Last Post: jvrjenivs