Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gladiator Videos
Ave Demetrius, thanks for compliments and I augur you a good work. If it interests to you we can supply video complete.
s.v.e.v.

one advance of season 2006
http://www.arsdimicandi.net/ad_1_g00018f.wmv
Hyrpus
Vincenzo Pastorelli
www.hephestus.net
www.arsdimicandi.net
Un video sarebbe meraviglioso! Emailed la parte posteriore non lunga di Davide, il Capo, e trasmesso lui il mio indirizzo, ma finora, nessun DVD. Forse presto. Controlli con lui e che assicurisi che non stiate trasmettendo due.

Sto trasferendo il video dal sistema centrale verso i satelliti che avete collegato mentre trasmetto questa risposta.

Ringraziamenti ancora
M. Demetrius
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Hi,
I have put in sharing the files on Emule, is of gladiatoria season 2005 that of the army.
I have a connection in ADSL.

The name files: I GLADIATORI DI ARSDIMICANDI.wmv
CohVet2005.wmv
Vale
Hyrpus
Vincenzo Pastorelli
www.hephestus.net
www.arsdimicandi.net
Quote:one advance of season 2006
http://www.arsdimicandi.net/ad_1_g00018f.wmv

thanks very much.

would love to fight someday, if i ever make it to Italy.
rob gage

"You talk of food? I have no taste for food--what I really crave is slaughter and blood and the choking groans of men!" - Achilles
Greetings:

Regarding Ars Dimicandi and unchoreographed fighting. The small group I belong to (Ludus Gladiatorum Australis in Atlanta, Ga) actually used Ars Dimicandi fights as our guide, assuming they were not choreographed, despite what appear to be metal weapons. In that vein (but using wooden weapons) we have gone on to do all of our fights unchoreographed, with the most agressive or skilled fighter winning. We definately grapple, and we do get hurt. At our last show injuries included a broken finger, a broken toe, a black eye, a bashed and bloody nose, and fingers slit open when grappling a metal manica. Basically, it was our best show yet.
Because of the amazing energy of the ArsDimicandi fights, I thought they'd worked out things in advance. I was wrong.

One thing I wonder about, though, when the Provocators use those wicked shield slaps and strikes, what are the shields padded with on their edges? I can see they have something there, from the glimpses of the inside of the shield. But I can't tell what it is. Knowing that would be a really good help.

We want to include that as an upper level skill (certainly not for beginners) but we don't want concussions and fractures, both of which probably happened in the real fights. We want to get up and fight again pretty quickly.

Ideas?
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Ave Demetrius,
the shield is of covered layers of leather wood and reinforces to you in the edges from other layer of leather. The blow on the helmet has the scope to put ko the adversary joined to a good technique of fencing becomes a deadly arm. It must be a lot trains to you. Fractures and cuts are not excluded. In the inner part of the shield there is one junction in leather for the forearm and one grip in covered iron of leather. It can be said that the shield becomes an extension of the arm.
Vale
Hyrpus
Vincenzo Pastorelli
www.hephestus.net
www.arsdimicandi.net
Thanks for the detail. Do you use a bolt or rivet to hold the leather arm straps on?

---------------------
Ringraziamenti per il particolare. Utilizzate un bullone o un ribattino per tenere le cinghie di cuoio del braccio sopra?
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Ave,
the leather straps are sewn with double quantity thread directly on the shield.
Vale
Hyrpus
Vincenzo Pastorelli
www.hephestus.net
www.arsdimicandi.net
Quote:They're pretty energetic, all right, but it looks to me like they do choreograph some of their moves, and some are vigorous, but telegraphed so the opponent is able to move out of the way, but the effect is dramatic to the audience.

Isn´t that somehow kind of historicaly correct in terms of Gladitorial games?

This I just imagine but if I was the trainer of expensive gladiators I would train them to do some trix to last longer and give more of a spectacle too the crowed.
I'd say, "probably so, yes", but I'm no expert. After all...look at modern fencing. Often as not in competition, there's ten seconds of small movements, then ZING! Somebody gets stuck. But that's not entertainment for a Roman crowd seeking combat in a dangerous way, is it?

Like Proximo said to Maximus, "...Win the crowd, and ...."
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Avete,
an other clip of combat. (Augusta Raurica 2006)
Retiarius vs Secutor
(I am the retiarius)
good vision
Valete

http://www.arsdimicandi.net/ad_1_g000196.wmv
Hyrpus
Vincenzo Pastorelli
www.hephestus.net
www.arsdimicandi.net
Ave!

In this topic Hephestus pointid to two different videos.
- In one we can see two provocators, as they were introduced. Both has almost scutum sized shields, with 2 handle. Not as a scutum just one in the middle. Can somebody please point me to a picture/description/mosaic, where these shield came from? :?:

- my other question is less serious. Hephestus, you did 2 great bindings with the net. Why you did not kill your enemy? You were twice in a 100% winner position... :twisted:
Collegium Gladiatorium Hungary
aka Gus ztav Gar as
Ave Opifex,
you must know that it is not automatic to win above all when the secutor it is in the net, when this is fast to cover itself with the shield. The adversary that I met is Rufus puts into effect them vice champion of the world of wrestling greco-roman veterans and in the body to body it is not easy to strike it. For before the question I send a relief to you from terme the Stabiane di Pompei. One of the two provocatores still wears the shield, can see the proportions.
Vale

http://www.arsdimicandi.net/ad_1_i00059c.gif
http://www.italicon.it/museo/I123-027.jpg
Hyrpus
Vincenzo Pastorelli
www.hephestus.net
www.arsdimicandi.net
On purpose,
I have seen your web site, much beautiful one, I have seen as the retiarius it fights with the greaves, you can explain to me which reference you have?
Vale

P.S. excuse my English
Hyrpus
Vincenzo Pastorelli
www.hephestus.net
www.arsdimicandi.net