Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any quitar players on RAT?
Salve!

Are there anyone on RAT who plays quitar? Just out of curiosity...
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
I play lead guitar in a rock/metal band. I've been a guitarist for about 25 years!
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/ ... 2small.jpg

8)
Great!

I play mainly blues. The best guitarists come in my opinion from texas, like late great Stevie Ray Vaughan. I remember when I was a kid I listened to Nine Below Zero, it was sooooo coooool way back then (obviously not from Texas)...

Now I would like to learn to play celtic/folk (acoustic) guitar better. Does anyone know good guides/books about this kind of playing?

Btw, Thin Lizzy still rules :twisted: ....
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
Thin Lizzy eh?

We do a version of 'Cold Sweat'

I like NBZ too, I've seen them a few times. Good rocking R&B!
I like NBZ more than Dr. Feelgood. Especially their album"Don`t Point Your Finger" is very good, I like especially the energy of their playing.

Btw, we thought a couple of years with my friends who is really"ROCK".
We came to the conclusion that Phil Lynott of Thin Lizzy is very close. To be "ROCK" there must be a certain amount of silliness included :wink: ...
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
I doubt he's a RATer, but this guy is damn good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxtOlFo-1hE

just picking a vintage guitar.

rkmvca/rich klein
Yes, this guy is "music" in it`s purest form! There are so many technically perfect players today with absolutely no feeling in their playing. Reminds me of one of my idols, J.J. Cale, and his "less is more" attitude to playing.

Perhaps I should move to the Louisiana swamps to get that "thing" (not a "swampthing :wink: )...
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
Quote:Perhaps I should move to the Louisiana swamps to get that "thing"
Watch "Schultze Gets the Blues" before you do! (Although opinions on that movie are divided)
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Sounds like an interesting movie, Jasper! By the way, has anyone seen films by a finnish director Aki Kaurismäki?
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
I used to play the guitar in a rock band but somehow I gave up on it when it wasn't working out so well and I didn't wanna go thru the hassle of looking for a new group.

I played Blues and Classic Rock, which is basically the music I listen to as well. Just love the old stuff.
Yes, it is strange with this older stuff. When I hear Eddie Cochran`s "C`mon everybody" I still get the chills up my spine... Like 30 years ago Confusedhock: !
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
I play bass and rhythm guitar, was in a few bands in my younger days but am now happy to play for my own enjoyment, though I am not too sure what the neighbours may think. I move around a bit for work so I can not commit the time I would need to give to others so I have not been in a band for years
Really enjoy listening to SRV, my guitar teacher was a fan so it rubbed of on me. I can appreciate anyone who can play better than me but being primarily a rhythm player I am a huge fan of Rick Parfitt from Quo
Keith Hendry
Terra Australis.
Yep, I beat on an acoustic I've had for 30+ years.
Started on drums at 16. Picked up guitar at 20 to
try writing songs. Play just for fun,now, and bought
my second set of drums a year and a half ago.
Virilis, I wouldn't move to Louisiana or Texas to
play,though. Nothing in the water there to make you
any better :wink: Although Stevie Ray was truly great!
Can't say that ol' "Slowhand" EC is too shabby either.
Andy Booker

Gaivs Antonivs Satvrninvs

Andronikos of Athens
i havent touched a bass in 15 years. dunno if i even remember whats what hehehe. sold the bass and amp to my nephew who plays a heck of a lot better than i ever did Wink
Tiberius Claudius Lupus

Chuck Russell
Keyser,WV, USA
[url:em57ti3w]http://home.armourarchive.org/members/flonzy/Roman/index.htm[/url]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any FIFA 09 players there? Virilis 0 914 12-19-2008, 01:43 PM
Last Post: Virilis
  Any Guitar Players out there? Quintus Brutii 22 4,155 04-14-2008, 08:25 PM
Last Post: Gaius Julius Caesar