Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shadow of Rome(PS2)
The game starts after the death of Caesar with the 2 main characters Octavianus(Augustus) and Marcus Vipsanius Agrippa. Both work together to find out who murdered Caesar. Later on the "evil" senators(Cicero is among them)publicly blame Agrippa's father for the murder and then it gets interesting when Agrippa joins The Arena. During the game you switch between characters: Octavianus has sneaking missions and Agrippa first fights barbarians as a Centurion then he makes the transition into gladiator and has cool gladitorial games(you fight people and beasts...) and chariot races! The gore in this game is immense with limbs, torsos, and heads flying off bodies and you even have to show your skills to gain the praise of the crowd! The glaitorial games have you fighting multiple enemies with, Gladii, maces, morningstars, spears and even flammable oil. The chariot races in this game also get very personal as well as you hack someone to bits while you simoutaneously try to make it to the finish line. Even though the game is not historically accurate (General Agrippa is a gladiator!?) It is still very fun and you MUST try it, you will be hooked! :wink:

[Image: shadowromeps2.jpg]
[Image: shadow-of-rome-20050202102101652.jpg]
Did I mention catapults?
[Image: shadowofrome-ss3.jpg]
Anabasis

A.K.A. Michael the Thinker/Tinkerer

"Those who do not choose to see past the veil of lies
and accept the truth of the realities around them are doomed to
suffer for all time" -Michael
LOL...Now this is really something :lol:
[Image: ebusitanus35sz.jpg]

Daniel
Wow, look at that first screen......
I've got to try it.
Is there a lot of action? Like Spartan?
Francisco Machado aka M.ilionario

Atheist

"You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war" - Napoleon Bonaparte
Quote:Wow, look at that first screen......
I've got to try it.
Is there a lot of action? Like Spartan?

It is a very awesome game, the title theme soundtrack is very cool (very Roman like) and the story is good too. There is alot of action. Agrippa is the ownage! Hey Comerus, I think the rudis is held by one of the female Gladiators. You have to kill alot of people before they come out of the gates.

Have fun
Anabasis

A.K.A. Michael the Thinker/Tinkerer

"Those who do not choose to see past the veil of lies
and accept the truth of the realities around them are doomed to
suffer for all time" -Michael