• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beowulf & Grendel movie
Has anybody seen it?
http://www.beowulf-movie.com/
[Image: 120px-Septimani_seniores_shield_pattern.svg.png] [Image: Estalada.gif]
Ivan Perelló
[size=150:iu1l6t4o]Credo in Spatham, Corvus sum bellorum[/size]
Darnish that movie look awesome!, real viking helmets! :o

I just called my video-club & dont have it, the movie is old already he?

Remarks by Philip on the Athenian Leaders:
Philip said that the Athenians were like the bust of Hermes: all mouth and dick. 
I have no idea. I just discovered it tonight.
[Image: 120px-Septimani_seniores_shield_pattern.svg.png] [Image: Estalada.gif]
Ivan Perelló
[size=150:iu1l6t4o]Credo in Spatham, Corvus sum bellorum[/size]
Quote:I have no idea. I just discovered it tonight.

Ok the movie must be special interest, those like that are very rare to find them on video-clubs or stores, so must be found online on amazon & ebay as I had seen

Philip said that the Athenians were like the bust of Hermes: all mouth and dick. 
Has any one seen the opera 'Grendel' which premiered this year in America? (it is the Boewulf story from Grendel's point of view). So much interest in Old English at the moment.
There was a cartoon Boewulf which I saw ages ago but haven't tracked down since.

Cheers

Murray
Murray K Dahm

\'\'\'\'No matter how many you kill, you cannot kill your successor\'\'\'\' - Seneca to Nero - Dio 62

\'\'\'\'There is no way of correcting wrongdoing in those who think that the height of virtue consists in the execution of their will\'\'\'\' - Ammianus Marcellinus 27.7.9
Looks good, thanks. One of the actors must like the story, as Tony Curran has now featured in both recent versions of this the tale, the other being The 13th Warrior.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Quote:I have no idea. I just discovered it tonight.

It from 2005: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0402057/
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Yes... Big Grin
A rather strange film, but both my daughter and I enjoyed it.....
Some very nice ponies, scenery, props, weaponry and at least one plumed helm I drooled over... I couldn't help feeling sorry for Grendel though... Sad
dvdtrailer
Recommended.... :wink: :wink:
regards
Arthes
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-
the movie was released in canada earlier this year. it may finally have a usa distributor but i doubt it. holiwierd has been pushing this one away form some unknown reason. you can order it on dvd by going to the canadian amazon.com
Tiberius Claudius Lupus

Chuck Russell
Keyser,WV, USA
[url:em57ti3w]http://home.armourarchive.org/members/flonzy/Roman/index.htm[/url]
Salve,

I've got to admit, the Grendel looks a bit disappointing. I always thought of him as a draugr, as this would tie in with a couple of factors: haunting a specific location, association with the sea or marshes, the idea of a curse, the enormous strength, the fact that he could be beaten by wrestling ...... (e.g. the Saga of Grettir), plus the possible Icelandic connection to the original poem. That would have been much more fun.

Vale,

Celer.
Marcus Antonius Celer/Julian Dendy.
I saw this movie...my g/f and I were both like...yep, it's kind of horrible, but so long as you don't watch it with any high expectations you won't be disappointed.

Legion: TBD
Well I finally watch it tonight, I never heard of the Saga/Myth before dough, exept that I had seen the book many times... but I did like the movie, it was something diferent, not a heroic Viking Saga like fighting warriors etc, but I didnt get disapointed.

BTW: all these people sufered or payed the price filming in such place Confusedhock:

I wasn't particularly impressed- it was very disappointing the way Grendel's arm is torn off, and the underwater monster and a few other things just seemed silly... and YE GODS Gerard Butler needs an acting and most especially an accent coach- I needed to back the DVD up a whole bunch of times to try to get what he was saying :lol:
See FABRICA ROMANORVM Recreations in the Marketplace for custom helmets, armour, swords and more!
Quote:I wasn't particularly impressed- it was very disappointing the way Grendel's arm is torn off, and the underwater monster and a few other things just seemed silly... and YE GODS Gerard Butler needs an acting and most especially an accent coach- I needed to back the DVD up a whole bunch of times to try to get what he was saying :lol:

That is true, we couldn't understand too much, also the dvd doesnt have subtittle :x I did like the viking's helmets & the panorama :wink: ... The places were gorgeus!!!

Was that woman that tall?

i've got it coming on dvd now. i've read the stories since my youth so we'll see how much i get to rip apart.

one thing i liked is that they filmed sorta on a closely related set, wore rivetted mail and had the correct size ponies. but....all the leather is farb and some of the helmets are a lil over the top fantasy.
Tiberius Claudius Lupus

Chuck Russell
Keyser,WV, USA
[url:em57ti3w]http://home.armourarchive.org/members/flonzy/Roman/index.htm[/url]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Beowulf for 2007 EBosman 8 2,290 01-24-2008, 01:08 PM
Last Post: M. Demetrius