Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Defeat those nasty Romans!
Zoom over to the BBC website<br>
<br>
www.bbc.co.uk/history/gam...ndex.shtml<br>
<br>
and have a crack at the Battlefield Academy. I am currently holding my own against the attacking Romans, but I'm not sure I'm going to <strong>care</strong> long enough to see if I win... zzzzzz....<br>
<br>
Mike Bishop<br>
<br>
NB Pay <em>special</em> attention to the troop type Legionairre - what be one of those, me hearties? <p></p><i></i>
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
It <em>is</em> rather tedious... which I suppose is appropriate for a siege in general, but when it gets to the point they're trying to depict... not so much.<br>
<br>
Someone oughta mod a FPS... first-person slasher, that is... all you can see is your falx slicing and dicing in front of you. Or gladius, if you prefer. There used to be a game distributed in cereal boxes based on the Doom engine, where your basic weapon was a spoon... and you could upgrade to a spoon that shot green lightning. <p></p><i></i>
Dan Diffendale
Ph.D. candidate, University of Michigan
<em>Someone oughta mod a FPS... first-person slasher, that is... all you can see is your falx slicing and dicing in front of you. Or gladius, if you prefer. There used to be a game distributed in cereal boxes based on the Doom engine, where your basic weapon was a spoon... and you could upgrade to a spoon that shot green lightning.</em><br>
<br>
Something along these lines (for UT2004)<br>
<br>
redorchestramod.gameserve...index.html<br>
<br>
but for Romans? Think of the arguments over tunic colour!<br>
<br>
Mike Bishop <p></p><i></i>
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there