Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boy, back finally..
Greetings all...back finally, between work, computer problenms and family issues, I have not had 5 minutes to myself. So ,what did I miss? Fill me in on everything! :lol:
Hi James,
Welcome back! Hard to bring you up to date though. I guess there've only been some 20,000 new posts since spring...
For one, the location of the shop has changed, it is now [url:2zn76vxi]http://www.cafepress.com/romanarmy[/url]. Big Grin
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Welcome back, soldier!
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
Thanks Jasper, Captain. I will try and get back in the swing of things ASAP. I have not forgotten the idea for a RAT meeting in Orlando for those of us in the SE US. Have to kick that one around a bit more.

I noticed the change in the store, I will update my sig. to reflect. I am already drooling over the hoplite tshirt, as well as the 1st C. CE shirt. Will be ordering both soonest
well, February 2007 there will be a large gathering of Roman reenactors and RAT people at Mobile, AL, for the Pompeii exhibit event. That will be an unofficial RAT gathering, since we'll have a lot of RAT members all there. We'll probably do dinner. There will be a couple of speakers for the event as well.
Caius Fabius Maior
Charles Foxtrot
moderator, Roman Army Talk
link to the rules for posting
[url:2zv11pbx]http://romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=22853[/url]
Hmm, too bad I'll be in Virginia by then!

Oh and it's Major, now.... Wink as of 2 April...

I think we can still do the Orlando thing, I'm just not sure what weekend works best.
Cheers,
Jenny

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
Congrats Major, finally past that akward Captain phase... Big Grin
Congrats,Major!
I like your new avatar(kitten with a whip Smile )
Andy Booker

Gaivs Antonivs Satvrninvs

Andronikos of Athens
Brings a whole new meaning to "Hello Kitty..."
LOL... meow! :twisted:
Cheers,
Jenny

Quote:Congrats Major, finally past that akward Captain phase... Big Grin
Yes, she's received her well deserved promotion. And it definitely didn't take as long as we Air Force chaplains have to wait. Due to "specialty" retention rates and force reductions, my year group had to spend a full decade as captains. Not many folks--even in the Roman legions--would be particularly thrilled to spend ten years in active duty military service without any advancement. Not that chaplains are in it for the rank; I myself continue to argue for a return to the longer tradition within our nation's historical legacy (i.e. the Revolutionary and Civil War eras) when chaplains didn't wear rank at all.
Robert Stroud
The New Scriptorium