Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ars Dimicandi about european Reenactment in german news
post edited and toned down.

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
Man, this thread was getting pretty nasty. Interesting discussion though!

Just remember to:
[Image: normal_thinkitthrough.jpg]
Eric

Brush-Popper extraordinaire
[Image: 110.jpg]

yesssss lord Vader.....

:lol:

M.VIB.M.

H.J.Vrielink.
Good boy! 8)
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Folks, please don´t hijack this thread. :!:
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.
A St-amuri Trooper? Confusedhock: :? wink:
See FABRICA ROMANORVM Recreations in the Marketplace for custom helmets, armour, swords and more!
hehe i dont know who invented that text but its a load of gibberish...

will translate it for you in a few hrs.....

M.VIB.M.

H.J.Vrielink.
I do not understand why Ars does not have a semi-permanent poster here to discuss the merits or not of their reasearch and the one of the rest. If presented with good info I´m sure most here would be happy to learn something new.
[Image: ebusitanus35sz.jpg]

Daniel
Samne here, I would love to see them updating their act!

i saw a video of the Jordanian Army Roman re-enactors......

very very nice! now if they can do it correctly...... anyoune should be able to!

M.VIB.M.

H.J.Vrielink.
Quote:I do not understand why Ars does not have a semi-permanent poster here to discuss the merits or not of their reasearch and the one of the rest. If presented with good info I´m sure most here would be happy to learn something new.
There is only so much egg one person can have on their face at one time. :twisted:
Author: Bronze Age Military Equipment, Pen & Sword Books
The pompeii style?

:lol:

M.VIB.M.

H.J.Vrielink.
The Ars Dimicandi webside is to be adjourned and soon will be complete of video.
We have had many appointments this year and we are late with the publication, but soon the website will be adjourned.

However we operate in this way, because we believe in our experimentations and we don't want to convince anybody. Then we don't force the others to do as us. Exactly for this motive we don't understand how come all attack furiously against us.

Valete
Velite
Rita Lotti
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsdimicandi.net">www.arsdimicandi.net
Quote:However we operate in this way, because we believe in our experimentations and we don't want to convince anybody. Then we don't force the others to do as us. Exactly for this motive we don't understand how come all attack furiously against us.

Well, I'm not sure I understand all of the hostility, but I've heard complaints that due to TV appearances of your group, those who see no evidence for some of your theories (such as the infamous leather segmentata) are under some pressure to explain why they adhere to the classic metal segmentata.
There is a lot of energy involved in trying to convince TV and movie producers to use 'correct' equipment in their productions, since they reach the public so much easier. To see that some groups don't seem to mind (in the eyes of the critics) does not make those involved in the 'drive for correct equipment on TV' very happy.

Well, at least that may be some part of it. But of course I'm not entirely sure.
But maybe we should hold a poll to find out?
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Hi Rita,

I think people are still put out by the original article that started this thread. A journalist reports that AD said it, but you have certainly gone to great lengths to explain that is not the case. I actually feel like contacting the journalist to have him explain himself.

Personally, I now understand that you guys are not expecting others to follow in your footsteps concerning leather segs. Please understand though, that AD published their reasons for believing they existed, and all that is happening here and in the leather seg thread is an open argument against it. Perhaps some comments could be more diplomatic (well, definitely could be in some instances), but don't think the whole of RAT is against you and wants to attack you :wink: But do realise that publishing an article making statements about any subject are open for criticism, and that it is in the interest of ensuring historical accuracy and research that these arguments and criticisms are made.

I think everyone here does understand that AD are not all about leather segs, and the work you guys have done is groundbreaking and highly respected. But, just like anything else it has become the current topic of conversation and discussion.

I hope you guys will stick around, and this whole issue of the article will blow over. Already there has been some very interesting and informative discussion on other topics, and I just hope that people will temper themselves in future discussion. Perhaps I could follow that request as well at times. :oops:
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
I understand your point, Rita.

But science lives from discussing sources and viewpoint...a lot of people are not discussing about the group itself, they discuss the work, the way of work and research.

Sorry, if that was misunderstood.

If you publicate, great, it is a lot of work. But then it is normal that people discuss the publications. Never this is ment personal.

Please join every discussion with us, that is was science often come from. :wink:
Susanna

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.musica-romana.de">www.musica-romana.de

A Lyra is basically an instrument to accompaign pyromanic city destruction.