Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman Political Re-Enactment Modernized
Of course not! But you're taking it a step farther. You're saying that your ideas of Rome go beyond what we do as reenactors. You say you want to revive the spirit of rome. Well what is that exactly? To expand the empire for the glory of the roman world? But I am getting the impression that you are not just doing this as something to do when the occasion arises.

You say Nova Roma failed...given their ideals and beliefs, and that you seem to think you'll succeed where they didn't. How am I not supposed to think you are attempting to combine your every day life with trying to be a Roman? The Nova Romans didn't limit their principles of Roman living to events only...they made the concious choice to live by those principles. So again, how are you different?

If I am mistaking you, perhaps you can be more specific in what it is that you are trying to do exactly. If you wish to speak politics, then there is a Roman Civ (Civilian) area on this board. Looking for events to go to and hang out with other Roman reenactors...there's plenty around (though it's getting a bit cold out now). But beyond that...no, I don't think you'll find many people interested in taking their hobbies and incorporating them into their own lifestyles.

EDIT - I am forced to take you literally because hidden meanings don't work very well on a medium where I can only glean information from text. So what you write, is indeed what I, and others are going to base our opinions on. Best be to the point. :wink:

Legion: TBD

Messages In This Thread
Re: Roman Political Re-Enactment Modernized - by Magnus - 10-13-2006, 07:33 PM
Re: Roman Political Re-Enactment Modernized - by Gaius Decius Aquilius - 10-13-2006, 08:39 PM
Roman Politics - by Caius Fabius - 10-20-2006, 04:52 PM
Re: Roman Politics - by Chris Weimer - 10-20-2006, 06:12 PM
generic links - by Caius Fabius - 10-20-2006, 11:02 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Was the political system of the Roman Republic unique? Corvus 3 2,055 08-01-2019, 08:12 PM
Last Post: CaesarAugustus