Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman Political Re-Enactment Modernized
Hi Chris,

The Greeks held debating skills in high regard, as did the Romans. A good debate is a thing of wonder, the clashing of sharp minds using sharp words. I myself love a good scrap in words Big Grin .
Perhaps it is this you mean to rediscover, the unbiased debate on social subjects, no holds barred, without the pretense of "political correctness", exploring all angles of the subject. However, as I posted before, the Roman system was rife with patronage and corrupting, stifling a good debate with a sharp stab of a pugio in a dark alley if the direction of thought was not in the "common" interest, not the environment for true debate to bloom! Parallel in my country, a brilliant debater, who had entered politics (silly sod!), Pim Fortuyn, was gunned down and killed by a member of the "lunatic left" for allegedly harboring dangerous ideas.
I think you would get further in this "forum-debate" if you were to be more open about your aspirations and the value's you wish to advocate! At present, you have us guessing, and that is not a good basis for debate, but a great basis for being ripped to shreds before having made your point!
Salvete et Valete

Nil volentibus arduum

Robert P. Wimmers
www.erfgoedenzo.nl/Diensten/Creatie Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
Re: Roman Political Re-Enactment Modernized - by Gaius Decius Aquilius - 10-13-2006, 08:39 PM
Re: Roman Political Re-Enactment Modernized - by Robert - 10-14-2006, 06:19 PM
Roman Politics - by Caius Fabius - 10-20-2006, 04:52 PM
Re: Roman Politics - by Chris Weimer - 10-20-2006, 06:12 PM
generic links - by Caius Fabius - 10-20-2006, 11:02 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Was the political system of the Roman Republic unique? Corvus 3 2,056 08-01-2019, 08:12 PM
Last Post: CaesarAugustus