Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5th C. Western Roman Kits Persons Timeline Etc. (24 May 09)
We are adding other 5th century persons & impressions, so I renamed this topic to more accurately match its contents.

I appreciate the various posts made here so far, and look forward to adding more 5th century persons, details, etc.

Thanks! Big Grin +r
AMDG
Wm. / *r
Sergi is Valentinian III, we made his tunic with a late roman roundel reproduction. (found in egypt)

[Image: Sergi.jpg][Image: image019.jpg]
Carme
[url:utwukq64]http://www.primagermanica.com[/url]
[Image: vexilium.jpg]
Beautiful work! Big Grin

How was this work done? Thanks again! +r
AMDG
Wm. / *r
We entrust it, start by passing the drawing to computer, and we did it to machine!!! :oops: Already I know that it is not the way, but we have the misfortune of not being able to embroider. :oops:
But now we have done contacts and are going to re-do all the embroideries and we will do them to hand. We are compiling examples found for example in Egypt, later to reproduce them in our tunics! 8)
Carme
Carme: Thank you for sharing your methods. Much better than what I have done so far... just research! We do what we can now, hope & try for better later if we can. Smile
AMDG
Wm. / *r
Still much more research for me to do. And the estimated kit costs! Still too much for now, so I prepared my first 5th century impression on minimum budget.

Here it is:

"HEY!!! Confusedhock: What the HECK is going on Here?!? My house, ruined. My crops, burned. My livestock, gone. :evil: They took everything that wasn't nailed down, and burned the rest... :twisted: Where's the Army when you need them?? What did you say??? The Army did this to our town?!? Rome never should have hired so many blasted mercenaries... :evil: The world is coming to an end... It's Doomsday!!! [PANIC. When in trouble, when in doubt, run in circles, scream & shout!]"

That's about the only impression I can afford for now. :lol:

Serious, slowly making some progress. +r
AMDG
Wm. / *r
Nice collection of St. Jerome images:

[url:n6nxq59b]http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Saint_Jerome[/url]

Many images >1,000 pixels wide.

I think I'll need more than a nice red wool blanket (or is that a Late Roman sagum [or similar item by different name]?) for most St. Jerome impressions. +r
AMDG
Wm. / *r
Excellent video Gioi! Thank you!

Thanks Damien!
[Image: 120px-Septimani_seniores_shield_pattern.svg.png] [Image: Estalada.gif]
Ivan Perelló
[size=150:iu1l6t4o]Credo in Spatham, Corvus sum bellorum[/size]
I found one interesting thing: one audio book. Glanville.Downey.The.Late.Roman.Empire.Audiobook. Contents:

1. The Empire of Contantinpole.
2. The Problems of the 5th Century and the Decline of the West.
3. The Christen State Triumphant Over Paganism.
4. From the Roman Empire to the Late Roman Empire.
5. The First Christen Emperor.

It's great, but the music...., Gregorian singings...It's very interesting!

[Image: Cover.jpg]
Carme
Quote:Hey, are those embroideries hand made or industrial? Confusedhock:
Industrial. I takes far too much time to realy embroider our tunics, and besides that they should not be purely embroidered anyway. At best a combination of woven decorations and embroidery. Yes, it's not easy over here either to find good patterns!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Galla Placida & I are collaborating to make various lists for anyone interested in doing 5th century Roman and Roman-related impressions.

Our first list will be a list of major personalities.

For now, I will keep this list simple: name and highest title; years of birth and death; years in highest position; "connections"; and cause of death.

You can see the beginning of this list at the end of this message.

I have grouped these famous & infamous people into different categories to make the list more user-friendly, so that we won't have an ocean of information for our eyes to get lost in. (A preposition is a terrible thing to end a sentence with. :lol: )

We will probably finish the first draft of this list in a month or so.

Other 5th Century living history & reenactment lists will be for occupations, clothing, personal & household items, military equipment, etc.

Any recommendations for other 5th century Roman lists?

Thanks, +r

[size=150:2z8ydb19]5th Century Roman & Roman-Related Personalities[/size]

[moved to 1st post in this thread]
AMDG
Wm. / *r
[Moved to 1st post in this thread]
AMDG
Wm. / *r
Thanks & laudes go to several RAT members who have provided additional names & details. Smile

I'm trying to keep this list to just one line per person, to keep the list more manageable & user-friendly, and yet still provide just enough information on each personality for readers to decide if want get further information for possible future impressions.

After I finish compiling the rough draft list from Wikipedia and RAT member-provided information, I plan to check other sources to correct errors, fill basic gaps, etc. Of course, some gaps can't be filled, some errors will remain (B.A.D., "best available data" aren't infallible :? ).

Thanks again for your help. +r
AMDG
Wm. / *r
Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!
Laud for you!!!! :wink:
Carme
This paint represents Galla Placidia and her sons:

[Image: painting01.jpg]
Often is represented to the figure of the right as the empress, takes a clothes and more elegant jewels, the top figure there represents Honoria, the daughter. But yesterday I spoke with faventianus that Honoria's figure would have to represent a figure lower than that of the empress, being Galla Placidia the top figure and the children represented in the low part. That you think?
Carme

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roman mosaics - a timeline Musivarius 0 1,381 07-10-2017, 06:28 AM
Last Post: Musivarius
  Fifth Century A.D. Western Roman Empire Timeline Restitvtvs 25 10,936 06-01-2013, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Severinus
  western roman empire Antonius_X 6 2,297 11-27-2005, 02:53 PM
Last Post: Viventius