Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Instead of a babelfish...
For those on either side of the Atlantic who have difficulty understanding those on the other, all should become much clearer after reading this:<br>
<br>
www.theinquirer.net/?article=6739<br>
<br>
Mike Bishop <p></p><i></i>
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
Ah yes, I've oftern wondered about this. It's all clear now...I think. <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
The Register commonly uses the phrase 'titsup' which has baffled me for months until I found a good English-American dictionary. <p>Richard Campbell, Legio XX<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Ah, I love The Register almost as much as /. Important to understand this one, though, as 'titsup.com' describes a complete economic phenomenon in the UK, probably best described in Boolean terms as NOT amazon.co.uk... yet...<br>
<br>
Mike Bishop <p></p><i></i>
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
In Virginia, as in many of the US states, auto license plates can be customized and the state of Virginia has produced some 50 odd templates in various designs. One of these is a ".COM" plate, for when northern Virginia was a 'silicon valley' wannabe. My wife, who's worked at Worldcom, wanted "BELLYUP.COM" but that is too many letters. "TITSUP.COM" would fit, but on her car that would probably get her in too much trouble. <p>Richard Campbell, Legio XX<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Babelfish test Jona Lendering 5 1,152 01-28-2009, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Jona Lendering
  Babelfish - Babylonian speech confusion Robert Vermaat 9 2,075 10-04-2006, 07:13 PM
Last Post: M. Demetrius