Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Message for Crispus
Crispus,

Do you have an e-mail that I can contact you on. I have a question about a type A dagger sheath in Mike Bishop's book. The dagger is known as the Alleriot. A RAT member was gracious enough to provide me with photos of the dagger and a drawing.

My armorer insists that it looks like silver sheet in repousse wrapped around an iron plate.

I have looked at it and read the actual record and it appears that the entire scabbard (like in most other daggers) is inlaid. However, if I can contact you for assistance I would appreciate it since the argument at least superficially can be made for either repousse or inlay.

Thanks

Paolo
"You have to laugh at life or else what are you going to laugh at?" (Joseph Rosen)

Paolo
Paolo,

no silver sheet in repousse, iron plate with silver, brass and red enamel inlay, no doubt about that, I have seen that dagger a couple times

cheers

Luc
LVCIVS VVLPES
Luc De Vos
Luc,

Thanks for the reply. I thought so epecially since you sent me the information on it. I was in the process of having it reproduced when it was told to me by my armorer that it appears that it could be repousse. That is when I read the article again and looked at the photos and thought what you did.

Again thanks for confirming my suspicions.

Paolo
"You have to laugh at life or else what are you going to laugh at?" (Joseph Rosen)

Paolo