Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RAT Conference Nijmegen 2007
Will we be meeting on friday for lunch at the Kolping huis?
Salvete et Valete

Nil volentibus arduum

Robert P. Wimmers
www.erfgoedenzo.nl/Diensten/Creatie Big Grin
Quote:Will we be meeting on friday for lunch at the Kolping huis?

First meeting will be at cafe Stationzicht (next to the train station).
ALA I BATAVORUM
Do we have enough cars to get around to Elst et al? I could be a tourdriver :lol:
Salvete et Valete

Nil volentibus arduum

Robert P. Wimmers
I, too would like to see that temple but I guess time would be rather tight if Susanna and I check in at the hotel first and then meet up with you guys. So is there any chance you postpone the time from 15:00 to 15:30 or even 16:00? We of course would need a ride.
Quote:Do we have enough cars to get around to Elst et al? I could be a tourdriver :lol:
I think it is a lot easier to take the train; after all, we meet right in front of Nijmegen Central Station, and from Elst station to the church/temple is about 300 meter.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Aahh, as someone addicted to cars (my employer keeps me in style!), trains are a strange and wonderfull thing to me. Train it shall be! :lol:
Salvete et Valete

Nil volentibus arduum

Robert P. Wimmers
Since we'll be in the city center of Nijmegen Saturday all day, you might consider taking the train then as well. Parking is generally a disaster & expensive!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
That's a good advice, although a train journey is much longer for me..
So is there a place to park in the city? What are the going rates for parking a whole day?
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Last time I went to Nijmegen by car, we had to park across the river, in Lent. On the occasion before that, we parked near the Belvoir Hotel, which is east of the Trajanusplein. As Jasper says: it's "a disaster & expensive".
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Well, we have a (impractical) cheap alternative, so if you have to use the car, contact me by PM.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
OK, I just checked again and apparently it's only 15 mins. longer. That's doable, so I'll take the train. At what time are we expected on saturday?
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:
Robert:t7xby93x Wrote:Do we have enough cars to get around to Elst et al? I could be a tourdriver :lol:
I think it is a lot easier to take the train; after all, we meet right in front of Nijmegen Central Station, and from Elst station to the church/temple is about 300 meter.

If Susanna and I might join you at the temple could you please tell me the name of the station (is it Elst?) and a website where to check on the train schedules to see how frequently they go? Thanks.
Hi Svenja,
Yes, it is indeed Elst. Train schedules are at www.ns.nl
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
my arrival at friday is somewhat wild guess work. I don't know were i am at that day but i'm trying to be in Nijmegen between 6-7 o'clock in the afternoon. Does anybody have an adres of the hotel? How do we check in? Do we meet first somewere else?

BTW - i'm arriving by car to the hotel.
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond, I can't come now. :evil: One day....
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!