Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What music do you like to listen to?
Quote:i listen to almost anything from classic to metal. Bands i really like are Queen, Black Sabbath, Rammstein, Motörhead, Hawkwind, Slayer, CCR, 60's/ 70's etc etc.

That sounds good, basically what I'm listening to as well, classic rock and hard n' heavy. My favorite band is AC/DC.

But since I'm doing the Roman reenactment thing I also got into Roman music like the CDs by Musica Romana or David Marshall.

And I love the soundtrack of Gladiator though I usually am not into soundtracks really, but that one is an exception. Because I like Lisa Gerrards voice on that I got into the band Dead Can Dance where she sings also.
do you also listen to Hawkwind?
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
[Image: slayer(eagle).JPG]
"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

a.k.a. Paul M.
Quote:do you also listen to Hawkwind?

Actually "Silver Machine" is the only song by Hawkwind I know, I have it on a rock compilation. But I love this song. Do you have any albums by them which you could recommend to me?
Almost seems as though the music associated with Rome and modern day Heavy Metal have something in common, maybe not musically speaking, but perhaps in terms of the feelings they stir in the listener.

Anywho -- I listen to alot of classical...love Holst's "The Planets". Also love Celtic music, and I don't really know why.

Then there's Metallica (older stuff, naturally), Iced Earth, Iron Maiden, Led Zeppelin, Dream Theater, Rush, Black Sabbath, Pantera...the list goes on for miles.
AKA: Mike (Too young to reveal full name.)
Quote:Actually "Silver Machine" is the only song by Hawkwind I know, I have it on a rock compilation. But I love this song. Do you have any albums by them which you could recommend to me?

well... Silver machine is their best known song but others are far better. Great albums: Doremi Faso Latido, Hall of the mountain grill, Warrior on the edge of time, Space ritual (live). The trouble is that albums of hawkwind are hard to get. You can buy only some of them (Warrior on te edge of time for example is a very though one). Compilations are also very handy for an overall view. Silver Machine is an early song of them and their sound then was different (mainly because Lemmy was in the band then).

see also this site: www.hawkwind.com/alb/alb_.htm

other great songs: assault & battery/ Golden Void, Master of the Universe, Psychedelic Warlords, Sonic Attack, Life Form, Green finned demon, Assassins of Allah, The Joker at the gate to name a few.
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Sonic Attack was great album.

I know Andy Lamb and Alan Davey (who played for Hawkwind). They were from where I grew up.
[Image: dk0001e-sm.jpg]
"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

a.k.a. Paul M.
What a bunch of Smelly Greebo's.

[Image: 02.jpg]
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
me.. the greebo!

[Image: DSCN0382small.jpg]
Greetings,
I did a post last night and the internet hung up on me...grrrh
Hey Peroni, what's your band called......???

Dead Kennedys....they had a line in a song about exhuming members of Lynyrd Skynyrd...and somebody actually did it :evil: !!!

I listen to Classic Rock/Metal, Southern Rock, Celtic/Viking influenced rock and folk metal, early and traditional music, New Age, some film scores and if I'm 'in the mood'.....Glenn Miller and Al Bowlly...(my late Dad's music..!): I don't mind some of the newer stuff either, from bands such as Goldfrapp.
Some bands and musicians/artistes I listen to at the moment - from long time favourites to more recent discoveries: Lynyrd Skynyrd, Runrig, Thin Lizzy, Molly Hatchet, Medwyn Goodall, Rhapsody/Luca Turilli, Hagalaz Runedance (now known as Nebelhexe), Govt Mule, Blind Guardian, Sacred Blood (from Hellas) Blackberry Smoke, Tyr (my daughter commented on how good their guitarist is..) Leaves Eyes, Exoristoi, Massive Attack - Mezzanine album, Vangelis (Alexander soundtrack...!), Kamelot, Bonepony, Corvus Corax, Daemonia Nymphe, Nox (a Hungarian band who sometimes use the Scythian bagpipes)
Also various tracks by Battlelore, Omnia, Folkearth, Bathory (I love 'One Rode to Asa Bay' and the video!!), Falkenbach, Pagan Reign, - you get the general idea.... :wink: :wink:
I just discovered Echo of Dalriada from Hungary - I don't understand what they are singing..but it goes with their Celtic/Hungarian/Medieval folk-metal sound, the singing reminds me of Steeleye Span or somebody at times - I really like them.....Big Grin ),
I also like the old classics: Meatloaf, Saxon, Ronnie James Dio, Uriah Heep, Magnum, Scorpions, Led Zepplin, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, Warlock, Free and yes, Hawkwind amongst others...but most of it is on albums which I can't play at the moment....lol

regards
Arthes
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-
Peronis look a bit like Judas Priest! :lol:

But of course Peronis is a real Man Smile

[Image: painkiller-rob%20against%20wall.jpg]

Remarks by Philip on the Athenian Leaders:
Philip said that the Athenians were like the bust of Hermes: all mouth and dick. 
Rob 'Peronis' Halford.....:lol: :lol: :lol:
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-
I also have better (and way more) tattoos than Mister Halford! :twisted:

Quote:Hey Peroni, what's your band called......???

Detonator (previous incarnation was Pump Action)

I went through my teens learning to play Judas Priest numbers!! Glen Tipton solos on Unleashed in the East are still blindin'

Like some of you, I have to profess a great love of Black Sabbath, but mostly I'm more into the American metal bands. Skid Row, L.A Guns, Metallica, KISS, W.A.S.P Shotgun Messiah, Love-Hate etc etc

If you want to listen to a great all British classic guitar band... get yer shells around the WiLDHEARTS!!!!
What about Sillly Wizard?

[Image: silly_wizard-thumb.jpg][Image: 143320.jpg][Image: B000000E6D.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg]
[Image: 120px-Septimani_seniores_shield_pattern.svg.png] [Image: Estalada.gif]
Ivan Perelló
[size=150:iu1l6t4o]Credo in Spatham, Corvus sum bellorum[/size]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Listen.. Almost roman music or even older than that.. Anonymous 7 1,783 02-03-2004, 01:33 PM
Last Post: Anonymous