Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Small Tornado in London
Tornados only do their worst when they touch down, so it probably was the same storm, Jim! I remember the freak weather in Alberta in 1987, when one wreaked havoc in Edmonton, and we were in Brooks, over 200 miles to the south!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:Tornados only do their worst when they touch down
All those hot exhaust fumes when they reverse the jets no doubt.........!!! :lol:
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-
funny when you realise that in 40 years we wont have any ice on the north pole anymore...

i am expecting a heck of a lot more of this freakish weather!

yaikes!!!!!

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
Yeah, once xmas is over with, I'm planning on changing every bulb in my house for the new energy saver ones, and also sealing up the windows with caulking to reduce my heating bills to save more energy.

Heck, if I could have afforded it, when I bought my honda civic, I'd have bought the hybrid electric version. I wish they'd just make those cheaper than what they are.

Legion: TBD
so true, so true, we are heading for disaster and still most of us dont listen till it wil be too late...

i also would love a hybrid car!!!

i use public transport most of the time and my pushbike.....

if i need a car i will rent a car.....

good idea about the bulbs!! same here!

M.VIB.M.

H.J.Vrielink.
They do not work well with dimmer switches though!

And per haps ten fifteen years ago, if the world had got its finger out instead of going on a binge of self indulgence, things would have been different!........
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
I really admire anyone who takes measures to secure our future with the environment. Recycling, walking when you can ride, using more efficent fuels etc etc.

However I honestly do not buy into the global warming theory that we (mankind) are the main reason for the warming of the earth. The geological record shows that the earth goes through warm phases, and cold phases. That is is a natural occuring event that man cannot prevent, or control.
"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

a.k.a. Paul M.
QUOTE!

However I honestly do not buy into the global warming theory that we (mankind) are the main reason for the warming of the earth. The geological record shows that the earth goes through warm phases, and cold phases. That is is a natural occuring event that man cannot prevent, or control.

UNQUOTE!!!

may be true, but we sure do influence it!

M.VIB.M.

H.J.Vrielink.
Quote:However I honestly do not buy into the global warming theory that we (mankind) are the main reason for the warming of the earth. The geological record shows that the earth goes through warm phases, and cold phases. That is is a natural occuring event that man cannot prevent, or control.
Bolleaux.

Every single scientific report, that wasn't edited by the corporation that commissioned it before being released, says it's our doing. You've been reading too much crap from Exxon-Mobil, or reading the thicko journalists tripe who have.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
TYVM TARBI!!

M.VIB.M.

H.J.Vrielink.
Jim i have one question for you then.

What has caused the last ice age? How abou the mini-ice age that lasted from the 14th to the 19th century?

I honestly do not believe there is enough evidence to support the global warming theory being caused by man.

A single volcano produces more pollutants than all of mankind does in 10 years.

a.k.a. Paul M.
Don't read me, read the science:

[url:vxnr6c69]http://environment.newscientist.com/channel/earth/climate-change/[/url]

In particular:

How scientists are nobbled by speaking out

TheRoyal Society complains to ExxonMobil for misinforming the public
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
I still don't know what to think about this global climate issue. I've been quite impressed to learn that the Sun's activity has alot to do with earth's climate.

What is for certain is that we humans really do tend to think we are the center of the universe, for good or for worse. We thought we could dominate nature and now it is fashionble to think we alone are the cause of its ruin. One way or the other we tend to think we are the main ingredient. We even think of our God(s) and nature in human terms!
("Nature is taking a revenge!")

Our civilization would be swept away by some medium size metor (I fear much more frequent than what most people think when they think in terms of life-extinguishing events as with the dinosaurs!), or we would all be swept away by large meteor a near-by supernova explosion, or maybe just a natural mutation of a virus from the darkest angles of Africa. All could change or end due to some titanic event of nature or by a microscopic change in the genetics of the smallest living thing. And yet we all continue, in more or less fashiobale ways, in thinking that WE are responsible for our future and for that of the Planet.

Let us do our best but also keep your fingers crossed. And always keep vigilant! Especially from deluding ourselves.
Jeffery Wyss
"Si vos es non secui of solutio tunc vos es secui of preciptate."
Quote:Don't read me, read the science:

[urlConfusedsn24xfs]http://environment.newscientist.com/channel/earth/climate-change/[/url]

In particular:

How scientists are nobbled by speaking out

TheRoyal Society complains to ExxonMobil for misinforming the public

Well Jim I read these articles, and I am still not convienced. Sorry mate were gonna have to agree to disagree.

Mind you I am not saying that man does not rape/abuse the environment. I just dont buy the whole "sky is falling" outrage that man is the reason.

Its probably better we discuss this over a couple of pints someday instead of battering it out online.

a.k.a. Paul M.
Okay, but bear in mind that volcanoes can't be held responsible for the record temperatures over the past 20 years :wink:

[Image: Finalist3.jpg]
[url:167jsct1]http://www.ucsusa.org/global_warming/[/url]
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!