Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Ethnic Diversity of Ancient Egypt
A rather interesting article here...i'm looking for pictures of the reconstructions in question...
Egypt
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-
Reconstructions can be seen here
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-
Interesting article.
I does remind me. Can someone give me a hint to a good book for the history of the Ptolemaic kings ? :?
Tot ziens.
Geert S. (Sol Invicto Comiti)
Imperator Caesar divi Marci Antonini Pii Germanici Sarmatici ½filius divi Commodi frater divi Antonini Pii nepos divi Hadriani pronepos divi Traiani Parthici abnepos divi Nervae adnepos Lucius Septimius Severus Pius Pertinax Augustus Arabicus ½Adiabenicus Parthicus maximus pontifex maximus
Of interest to this topic are the following texts:
  • Falola, Toyin, ed. Africa, Vol 1: African History Before 1885. Durham: Carolina Academic Press, 2000.
    Falola, Toyin, ed. Africa, Vol 2: African Cultures and Societies Before 1885. Durham: Carolina Academic Press, 2000.
Both of these texts are a series of essays concerning the history of Africa (Vol 1) and the cultures of the same (Vol 2) with emphasis on the Afrocentric approach to history, especially African history, in contrast to the traditional Eurocentric view of the same. Of interest is Volume 1's Chapter 4, and to a lesser extent 3, covers ancient Egypt and the other early civilizations of the Nile, with especial emphasis on the Upper Nile (e.g. Meroe in Nubia). Volume 2 covers in better detail the Afrocentric argument in approaching history and in rejecting the Eurocentric model of the history of Africa. I consider it to be among the best studies of African history in the modern day, especially since it is among the first histories of Africa actually written and edited by native Africans and not outsiders looking in. Quite indispensable in understanding African history.
[Image: RAT_signature2.png]