Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gladiator fights at Mobile, Alabama "A Day in Pompeii&q
I was thinking instead of having just pairs of gladiators fight each other throughout the day like it is planed, we spice it up a little. We could have one large group fight. Have a group of noxii face two or three gladiators, or have all the secutors face the all the retiarii.

I would like to keep the regular fights with the pairs of gladiators but on one of the days, Friday or Saturday or Sunday, have a large group fight. I have run this by Rusty and some of the other gladiators that I know are going and so far everyone agrees.

This is to all that are coming to Mobile that may or may not be attached to an established lvdvs. What do you think? What what groups would you like to see in the arena?

Thanks!!!!
Joshua B. Davis

Marius Agorius Donatus Minius Germanicus
Optio Centuriae
Legio VI FFC, Cohors Flavus
[url:vat9d7f9]http://legvi.tripod.com[/url]

"Do or do not do, their is no try!" Yoda
How big is the arena? That will make a difference on whether we can have a melee-type multifighter event...We have fought 4 in a 30 x 30, and it works, but it's not a lot of maneuvering room.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
If I am not mistaken we are using our arena and it is a 50ft. Will check to make sure.
Joshua B. Davis

Optio Centuriae

We'll feel all tiny in that big of an enclosure. But we'll manage!
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
I'm down with the fight, but perhaps we could find a way to expand the arena? Use some other form of barrier to help expand it, perhaps? I'm totally in favor of the idea, though!
[Image: RAT_signature2.png]
We could stake and rope off a larger area or even have soldier as the perimeter? I would bet everyone would want to see a group fight
Joshua B. Davis

Optio Centuriae

Well, if we have no more than six or eight, 50 ft should be more than big enough. If we're different styles all mixed up, then we ought to wear a colorful leg ribbon or something, so the crowd can root for their color...we just tell them that, if you're on this side, that's your color. Cheer for them. They'll go for it.

In the end, there can only be one team left standing.

(* cue dramatic music with kettle drums and trumpets *)
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Our arena can be as large as 70 feet round or so. No problem at all
That sounds like it would be enough.

Martin thinks two secutors vs two retiarii, or two myrmillo vs two thraex, or two myrmillo vs one thraex and one hoplomacus would be good. He also said personally he likes the one pairings because they would offer the most action, but the last pairing also shows the promise of interest.

What does everyone else think?

Hey Saul, you think you can keep your diaper on for this one? :lol:
Joshua B. Davis

Optio Centuriae

Quote:That sounds like it would be enough.

Martin thinks two secutors vs two retiarii, or two myrmillo vs two thraex, or two myrmillo vs one thraex and one hoplomacus would be good. He also said personally he likes the one pairings because they would offer the most action, but the last pairing also shows the promise of interest.

What does everyone else think?
I especially like the last one. The more variety, the better, as far as the audience will be concerned. Maybe we can convince the German Shepards to act aggressively this time and eat some of the dead. :wink:

Quote:Hey Saul, you think you can keep your diaper on for this one? :lol:
That's real, cute, Josh, real cute. :roll: No worries, this time I plan to have something purposefully made for the sake of fighting. Then again, I think I read somewhere that the retiarii didn't always wear anything. So it wasn't necessarily that inaccurate, eh? :roll:
Hey, now, this conversation is getting a little edgy -- anyway, you don't really want to see any more skin on some of us than youhave to, y'know. :roll:
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Quote:Hey, now, this conversation is getting a little edgy -- anyway, you don't really want to see any more skin on some of us than youhave to, y'know. :roll:
Quite true. I'm just glad only a few reenactors were there to see the infamous diaper incident...and thank the gods I was wearing some sweat-pant shorts underneath. :roll: Will be a pleasure to meet new reenactors (new to me) and fight some new (to me) gladiators. Smile
Sorry Saul had to man :lol: !!! It was all to funny! I could have got you there too, if I hadn't been such a good sport.
Joshua B. Davis

Optio Centuriae

Quote:Sorry Saul had to man :lol: !!! It was all to funny! I could have got you there too, if I hadn't been such a good sport.
True, very true. And you defied the editor and the crowd when you let me live. Good man indeed you are! Smile
On the back, where the back flap folds down on our subligacula, we sewed a tie tape on either side that extends around the front, and ties at the center of the back, under the flap. Even if your belt falls all the way off for some reason, the cloth stays up. We anticipated that problem...see, we don't have any sweatsuit shorts...we're too poor. :oops:
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  February 2007, Mobile Alabama RAT Breakfast or Dinner Caius Fabius 27 5,797 02-12-2007, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Caius Fabius
  CastraRomana-Pompeii Feb 2-4, Mobile Alabama Official Invite rusty myers 13 2,873 02-07-2007, 02:33 AM
Last Post: jbd_29349
  Pompeii, Dies Pro Vesuvius, Feb 2-4 2007, Mobile Alabama rusty myers 3 1,617 11-22-2006, 07:01 PM
Last Post: rusty myers