Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SPAMMERS AGAIN !!!!!
I can't believe that now every time I sign on to RAT I see spammers. I wish I could ignore them but I'm afraid they'll get my info since they are members and can access everything. I would not be opposed to more strenuous measures to deny them access,at least temporarily.

Hey spammers,listen up:"I do not want anything you are selling-go away.
Scourging is too good for you but crucifixion is a tempting alternative".
Andy Booker

Gaivs Antonivs Satvrninvs

Andronikos of Athens
What about a spam and cheese sandwich? Or fried spam with eggs?
Must be something about spam that is worthwhile....... :oops: :oops: :oops: Silly me, wrong kind of spam!
Yeah, or just throw them in with the lions!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
We need a LIMES SPAMIENSIS!
[Image: 120px-Septimani_seniores_shield_pattern.svg.png] [Image: Estalada.gif]
Ivan Perelló
[size=150:iu1l6t4o]Credo in Spatham, Corvus sum bellorum[/size]
These damn people get everywhere (I assume they are human) ......an Alexander forum has had some problems too...hey, I hope they are not following me around....you should see my 'junk mail' boxes Confusedhock: :roll: GO AWAAAAAAY

I think this is one too......any Greeks around here.... :wink: link from old RAT
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-
They have to sign up, and when they post we remove them. Jasper then kills the members himself.

:twisted:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:They have to sign up, and when they post we remove them. Jasper then kills the members himself.

:twisted:

Virtually, i supose... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I vote for more restriction to acces. :roll: :mrgreen:
Quote:Virtually, i supose... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
You may well think so but I couldn't possibly comment. :twisted:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Mors certa, sed hora incerta, "Death is certain, the hour uncertain"
"Fugit irreparabile tempus" (Irrecoverable time glides away) Virgil

Ron Andrea
Of course, you could always....

http://www.theadminzone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=684

[url:31rcu9tr]http://www.auditmypc.com/freescan/antispam.html[/url]
[url:31rcu9tr]http://www.hostedscripts.com/scripts/antispam.html[/url]

:wink:
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
The most sensible option actually seems to only allow members who have 10 or more posts allowed to post a link.

That way, it theoretically increases the effort of the spammer tenfold before they can post their links.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Quote:We need a LIMES SPAMIENSIS!

Yeup, agreed...one consisting of a double firewall... :? If they cross the first they won't make it past the second...I'd vote for a LIMES SPAMIENSIS...
aka: Julio Peña
Quote:"audaces Fortuna iuvat"
- shouted by Turnus in Virgil\'s Aeneid in book X just before he is utterly destroyed by Aeneas\' Trojans.
Quote:The most sensible option actually seems to only allow members who have 10 or more posts allowed to post a link.

That way, it theoretically increases the effort of the spammer tenfold before they can post their links.

Ave Jim,

or just allow linking only when one has got at least one laudes point. Which means not only posting anything will be sufficient but posting something with an 'ancient' content.
Greetings from germania incognita

Heiko (Cornelius Quintus)

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Hi guys,
I know they're annoying. To tell you the truth, they piss me off too, but prevention is difficult. The best tool I have ever seen was a little piece of software that would check the content of every new post against a wikipedia page with spamlinks. If one of those links was in the submission, it refused to post it. Sadly, this does not seem available for phpbb2. It will be for RATv3.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
This looks a lot like it does not belong here: link from old RAT
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Oh, Jim, yes, I knew of that way of spamming. That is somewhat prevented by the fact that you cannot enter a url for your profile on signing up. You have to activate your account and then add it in. It's something extra to do that's easy for humans, but harder for bots.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spammers are back Michael Kerr 3 1,472 05-31-2017, 06:33 AM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat
  what is Spammers SAJID 1 1,508 10-31-2016, 07:05 PM
Last Post: Praefectusclassis