Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Masada Roman legionary camp site finds... where??
Quote:What's the one got to do with the other - another joke lost on me I'm afraid

I 'think' it refers to an episode when Titus complained to Vespasian that it wasn't seemly for taxes to be raised on toilets! To which Vespasian replied (holding up a coin): "Money doesn't smell!"

Mind you, I might just be well off the mark here and it's about something completely different!

Caratacus (Mike Thomas)
visne scire quod credam? credo orbes volantes exstare.
Quote:I 'think' it refers to an episode when Titus complained to Vespasian that it wasn't seemly for taxes to be raised on toilets! To which Vespasian replied (holding up a coin): "Money doesn't smell!"

Yes, that's clear - I was wondering about the connection to the leather bag here. Ah, maybe it's because I wrote "purse". Unlikely for this piece to actually have been a purse in the sense of holding money as it didn't have any means of closing it tight - and that's what you normally want to do with where you have your money in ...
Anyway, enough of the OT rambling, my apologies!
Any news on the publication of Masada VIII or Gamala II anyone?
Sulla Felix

AKA Barry Coomber

COH I BATAVORVM MCRPF
Masada VIII was published several months ago:

http://israelexplorationsociety.huji.ac.il/yadin.htm

The Gamala material is with the editaor and expected to be published by the end of this year
Thanks Guy!
Sulla Felix

AKA Barry Coomber

COH I BATAVORVM MCRPF
Quote:The Gamala material is with the editaor and expected to be published by the end of this year
Who studied the ballista balls, Guy?
posted by Duncan B Campbell
https://ninth-legion.blogspot.com/
Andrew Holley.
Guy, is there any possibility that there will be images of the finds online any time soon?

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roman soldier’s ancient Masada payslip shows unfair wages go way back kavan 2 665 03-22-2021, 12:39 AM
Last Post: JoeSmoe69
  New legionary camp on the Lower Rhine ??? Simplex 7 5,694 06-11-2016, 06:40 PM
Last Post: Simplex
  Glenmailen Roman Marching Camp Site, NE Scotland Roman Military History is 4 Me 1 1,532 08-29-2013, 12:22 PM
Last Post: Roman Military History is 4 Me