Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The last days of Herculaneum - exhibition Nijmegen
No field report on the exhibition yet :?:
I like to go next week

Luc
LVCIVS VVLPES
Luc De Vos
Next weekend? I think I'll be able to do that too.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
I'll be there tomorrow (sunday Jan 7th).
ALA I BATAVORUM
He Jasper,

No date?? :lol: I could make it next weekend. They have already sent me a complementary copy of the catalog (I have to write a review on the exhibition for the VAEE bulletin) and a photo CD. It looks VERY promising!
Salvete et Valete

Nil volentibus arduum

Robert P. Wimmers
www.erfgoedenzo.nl/Diensten/Creatie Big Grin
I think it's the same one they had at Bremen. It's very nice, though short on the flashy audiovisuals we're so used to.
Der Kessel ist voll Bärks!

Volker Bach
Ok, here a brief report of my visit.

Today Museum het Valkhof opened at 11 AM and I went in 11.10 AM, and that was just in time. Some 30 minutes later it was tied up. The rooms where the exhibition is showed are dark, so the general atmosphere was great, but not that good for taking photo's (without flash you may take pictures for non-commercial use), which is also with a couple of items. There are many screens with photo's of the excavation and computermodells of the city, which give you a good image from what the city was about and what the disaster has done. There are showed some really nice statues, mosaic and household items, so I think it surely is worth a visit.
ALA I BATAVORUM
I was there last year together with Volker when it was in Bremen. I liked it although this one part with the boat house was too dark and groomy to really see anything. Also the plates with the descriptions were in the dark so it was sometimes very hard to read. But nonetheless it was a very interesting exhibition I only didn't like these modern things like pottery and paintings which have an ancient theme.
Have to change my plans, I will visit the exhibition tomorrow 01/11

Luc
LVCIVS VVLPES
Luc De Vos