Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Your Greek Artwork
Yes...but only by trying each day, can we improve our techniques.
Keep it up.
If you got the interest then with some hard work, results will became better and better.
Visit my Website at
[url:n6bls2l1]http://ilustro.webs.com/[/url]
Nice work Giannis. There is a little too much light (what effect? Overlay?) but the drawing itself is very good. Smile
[Image: parsiaqj0.png]
[size=92:7tw9zbc0]- Bonnie Lawson: proudly Manx.[/size]
Linear Dodge...I used it in the previous drawing for the furst time and got a bit excited :lol: It wouldn't look that bad if the rest of the painting was not so dark and if I had a clear source of light...but I won't do it again next time.In fact I'm thinking of re-painting it,even though there are things I don't like in the drawing itself.But having done it with pen,I cannot correct any mistakes on the spot.
My favoutite figure is the one sitting on his shield,to the right.
Khaire
Giannis
Giannis K. Hoplite
a.k.a.:Giannis Kadoglou
a.k.a.:Thorax
[Image: -side-1.gif]
Quote:Vieira,I took your words literally and I kept it up :lol:
Here are some Spartans victorious in the battlefield...

They don't look that Spartan to me. Smile
Ioannis Georganas, PhD
Secretary and Newsletter Editor
The Society of Ancient Military Historians
http://www.ancientmilitaryhistorians.org/

Quote:
Giannis K. Hoplite:3qu6pyuj Wrote:Vieira,I took your words literally and I kept it up :lol:
Here are some Spartans victorious in the battlefield...

They don't look that Spartan to me. Smile

Ahh,now you open a looong discussion...What should they have to look like Spartans?Beards?Most of them have,but not nessecarilly all of them had.Long hair?The same.Armour?The same as other Greeks.Transverse crest?Not only Spartans used it,but Spartans are indeed a classical example.And now the "hot" spot.RED CLOAKS.I betrayed my belief that they wore them in battle and depicted them without cloaks.Some members(most) will tell you that they actually did not wear cloaks in battle.Although I disagree,I found it more pleasant to draw the whole panoply visible than cover everything with a red cloak...for this I agree I should be criticised.
Have you got anything else to suggest i should ave done to name them Spartans?
Oh,I forgot...the one shield whos emblem is visible is indeed Spartan,as it was shown in one of those plated dedicated in I think Artemis in Sparta and depicted different shield emblems.The dead hoplite's emblems are not Spartan and if you asked Stefanos,I think he should tell you that they are probably Athenian.So what about some Spartans victorious in the battlefield of Mantineia? :wink:
Khaire
Giannis
Giannis K. Hoplite
I think if you were to repaint it and just have the highlighting on the helmets as it is, it would give the impression of sunlight breaking through on a foggy day, reflecting off the helmets! That would give the pic great atmosphere! IMO..... Smile Or something along those lines anyway!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
I like the glow of the armor. Looks mystic. Smile
Michael D. Hafer [aka Mythos Ruler, aka eX | Vesper]
In peace men bury their fathers. In war men bury their sons.
Quote:I think if you were to repaint it and just have the highlighting on the helmets as it is, it would give the impression of sunlight breaking through on a foggy day, reflecting off the helmets! That would give the pic great atmosphere! IMO..... Smile Or something along those lines anyway!

Yeah,you have a point,but being a beginner,I have no idea how I could achieve that...Experimenting again,I guess...

Quote:I like the glow of the armor.Looks mystic. Smile
Mystic?I wish!They look more like I set fire on them,to me :lol: :roll:
Khairete
Giannis
Giannis K. Hoplite
Thanks Gioi.I don't have any wacom tablet.I paint with black pen in paper,i take photographs and transfer them on the computer.Then I paint it in adobe image ready,similar to photoshop but with not so many capabilities.
Giannis K. Hoplite
Nice pic on your signature Giannis :lol:
Kallimachos a.k.a. Kurt

Athina Itonia
[Image: smallsun1.gif]
[url=http://www.hetairoi.de:4a9q46ao][/url]
Do you see anyone familiar in there,Kurt :?:
From left to right:Giannis with Eduardo's shield and manning imperial helmet, Eduardo Guillen, Matthew Amt, Giannis with manning helmet, simply Giannis, Peter Connolly's hoplite, Athanasios Porporis, Kalimachos, Geala, Athanasios Porporis, Giannis. Of course others deserve their place among them,just these are friends that I know and admire their equipment...
Giannis K. Hoplite
Ha ha.Gioi,i see you don't dream only the ear corinthian from Olympia,but the rest of armour that is displayed now in the museum :lol:
Very nice
Khaire
Giannis
Giannis K. Hoplite
Quote:Do you see anyone familiar in there,Kurt :?:
Sure, lol and I am honoured to be in your signature Big Grin
Kallimachos a.k.a. Kurt

Athina Itonia
[Image: smallsun1.gif]
[url=http://www.hetairoi.de:4a9q46ao][/url]
Quote:
Giannis K. Hoplite:1gmnq2va Wrote:Do you see anyone familiar in there,Kurt :?:
Sure, lol and I am honered to be in your signature Big Grin
Ah,my honour to have you in my signature.
Giannis K. Hoplite
Quote:
Gaius Julius Caesar:374f83df Wrote:I think if you were to repaint it and just have the highlighting on the helmets as it is, it would give the impression of sunlight breaking through on a foggy day, reflecting off the helmets! That would give the pic great atmosphere! IMO..... Smile Or something along those lines anyway!

Yeah,you have a point,but being a beginner,I have no idea how I could achieve that...Experimenting again,I guess...

Giannis

But you already have acheived it on the helmets!....just reduce the glow on the inside of the sheild the guy on the right is holding, his helmet, the one the guy is sitting on, and on the lower armour/greaves....

Then just the ones in the center will stand out with the foggy/glow effect you have already, and it will give you that, more or less!

If that made any sense that is! :roll:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel