Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
King Naresuan - the movie
Another Asian film that some may enjoy .....the story of the 16th century Siamese/Thai king....some rather nice battle and artillery sequences in this film.
You can also download a HD DivX trailer from the Official Site (which is going to take ages.. :? )
Official Site
...the trailer is taking ages too....there are some here which may download quicker....
KingNaresuan
It seems Weta advised on the SFX in this film...!
Correction...this is being shown as trilogy in Thailand at the moment...
Release dates
Part I January 18th
Part II February 15th
Part III December 5th
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-
Wow, nice action scenes!

When are we going to get TTW? (Thai Total war)
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Any word about a European or North American release?
"Fugit irreparabile tempus" (Irrecoverable time glides away) Virgil

Ron Andrea
No other release dates as yet....i've been looking...!
Close up of armour of both horse (nice...!) and a couple of men.....here and here. The warrior on the left has a rather interesting helm......!
The weapons of the cavalry
Was chainmail still being worn by the Asians of Siam at this time... ?
This is the gallery shot that puzzles me Spanish or Porteugese?
There are some amazing captures in those galleries....look how they transported the cannons...!
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-
Thanks Cristina, that make me clear my doubs if these foreigner movies are good.... I see many at the video store...

Grea battle... whait?... I think its in your other topic wich I'm talking about...What happen to me today?! :oops:

Remarks by Philip on the Athenian Leaders:
Philip said that the Athenians were like the bust of Hermes: all mouth and dick. 
We can't be sure any of the arms & armour details are correct - maybe the just Loooved King Arthur in Asia!

Spanish/Portugese influence can be correct though - you also see this In Japan. Did you notice the gun in that horse close-up?
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:Thanks Cristina, that make me clear my doubs if these foreigner movies are good.... I see many at the video store...

Grea battle... whait?... I think its in your other topic wich I'm talking about...What happen to me today?! :oops:
Sorry :oops: i've been in rather an Asian media mood today....I hadn't realised just how many good films were out there either...!
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
-
Quote:We can't be sure any of the arms & armour details are correct - maybe the just Loooved King Arthur in Asia!

Spanish/Portugese influence can be correct though - you also see this In Japan. Did you notice the gun in that horse close-up?
The flintlock, yes....similar to what Cortez's guys used...? The armour he is wearing has the look of european medieval armour...although the shoulders remind me of segmentata...!
Did you see the captures of the Japenese/Samurai horsemen....?
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
-
Yes.....he did have a treaty with Spain and Spaniards had the right to reside, trade and practice their religion....it seems at the end of his reign...he also invited the Dutch..... :wink: :wink:
from
http://www.simply-thai.com/Thailand_His ... _Great.htm
You learn something new every day.. Big Grin
Maybe that film has more authenticity than we realise....
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
-
Frankly, it all looked a bit too modern.

The Thais were fighting against Burmese from the west, Malays from the south, and Khmer in the east through the 1300s to 1700s.

Portuguese traders supposedly came to Ayutthaya (assumedly the kingdom protraryed in the movie) in the early 1500s with the rest of Europe follwing the next century.

Much of the movie's backstory more closely fits the 1767 Burmese invasion of Ayutthaya and resistence led by Phyra Taksin, who drove them out and established himself as king at Thonburi. Taksin was replaced by the first Chakri king in 1782, changing the nation's name to Siam and moving the capital to Bangkok. The Chakri dynasty still reigns in Thailand.

Ron Andrea
Great link, Cristina.

Ron Andrea
The portuguese were the first european to arrive in Thailand (by 1511). But those actors seem more germans.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  King arthur movie prop helmet up for grabs! Gordak 2 1,490 05-02-2005, 03:06 PM
Last Post: Gordak
  King Arthur: The movie Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus 1 948 07-09-2004, 10:40 PM
Last Post: Frank Miranda