Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deepeeka\'s new Gallic A - WOW
Quote:[Image: gallicA2.jpg]

[Image: gallicA3.jpg]

not to change the subject, but what are you wearing in these photos? i mean what is the white thing on your shoulders with the red and yellow lines?
Tiberius Claudius Lupus

Chuck Russell
Keyser,WV, USA
[url:em57ti3w]http://home.armourarchive.org/members/flonzy/Roman/index.htm[/url]
Quote:not to change the subject, but what are you wearing in these photos? i mean what is the white thing on your shoulders with the red and yellow lines?

Lol, that's not me, that's a friend of mine from my group who was trying on my Gallic A :wink:

People often get confused when they see pitures of us wearing a helmet, they often can't tell who is who... A photograph of our group at an event two weeks ago was published in one of our national newspapers. My friend's mother thought she recognised him in the picture but it was me.

To answer your question: he is wearing a hamata with shoulderdoubling. The shoulderdoubling has been covered with a layer of linen that has painted on decorations. I don't know if there is evidence for this but it looks nice Smile

Here you can see it a bit better:[Image: PhotoDisplay-1.jpg]

Vale,
Jef
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be
Tony,
From whom did you purchase the Gallic A? I suffer the same problem, crainius gigantis, and I like the A. I've been shopping around, and if they are a good size, I'll get one.

Jeff/Tiberius
LEG~XX
T.Fabius Rufio/Jeff Crean
LEG~XX

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.larp.com/legioxx">www.larp.com/legioxx
Quote:Tony,
From whom did you purchase the Gallic A? I suffer the same problem, crainius gigantis, and I like the A. I've been shopping around, and if they are a good size, I'll get one.

Jeff/Tiberius
LEG~XX

I got mine from Deepeeka. Their website is: http://www.reenactorreplicas.com/helmet ... elmets.htm
You might want to try and get them to measure the front to back and side to side inside dimensions and with a ruler. They were extremely accommodating for me.

If you're not sure how to measure these on your own head. Let me offer my method. Put a large helmet or cook pot over your head. It has to be inflexible. Press against the back of the head. Take a ruler and place between forehead and front edge. Use your thumb to mark the position on the ruler. Subtract this number from the internal diameter of the helmet this will give you the diameter of your head. Repeat for side to side. I personally desire a helmet at with dimensions 1/2 inch to 1 inch larger than this to provide what I consider adequate padding. Though others may disagree.

While more difficult to measure this way than to measure circumference, it is infinitely more useful, and easier for vendors to measure the inside diameters of their helmets for comparison as well.
>|P. Dominus Antonius|<
Leg XX VV
Tony Dah m

Oderint dum metuant - Cicero
Si vis pacem, para bellum - Vegetius

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Deepeeka Gallic F, Reshape? mroberts02 1 771 06-13-2021, 09:19 AM
Last Post: franciscus
  Deepeeka Imperial Italic D vs Gallic G Helmet Cheek Guard lenghts wwiigunz 0 1,169 09-21-2017, 08:51 PM
Last Post: wwiigunz
  Deepeeka Gallic a ah6306n Romulus 11 5,043 02-22-2017, 10:42 PM
Last Post: brennivs - tony drake