Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
painted Greek Hoplite
Salve,

at last, i could borrow the digital camera of my parents and i have taken some pictures of one of my miniatures:
Greek hoplite, by Pegaso Models (54mm):
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
I still need to finish that one too! :lol: Looks like a good job. Pity the bottom photo is out of focus.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
thanks, these are my first photo's with a digital camera so, i have to practice with it...
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Quote:thanks, these are my first photo's with a digital camera so, i have to practice with it...

Pelgr, check your digicam, the round botton where you turn on/off must have a selection that say "SCN"....Choose among the Icons, the one that say: self portrait....and for me it look this clear for small items, otherwise
it look like yours, all blured if you leave the camera automatic.
[Image: Picture.jpg]

BTW: How you do the grass with your figures?...I want something like that & a base for my Iberian Smile

Remarks by Philip on the Athenian Leaders:
Philip said that the Athenians were like the bust of Hermes: all mouth and dick. 
thanks for the advice Gioi, i will check the next time.

The grass is called "static grass". A modelshop or a trainshop (better) sells this. Static grass is called this for a reason - it sticks to anything.
I have the luck to have a large train/ model shop closeby so i have much choice.

The way i make a base like this is fairly simple: i have static grass, grass flock and "sand flock" and PVA glue.
- Spread PVA glue on your base.
- dip it in sand flock
- put some PVA glue at the spots were you want grass
- put some grass flock on those spots
- put some static grass on those pieces.
moss also works, as a brush (see my Samurai)

take a look at this website:
uk.games-workshop.com/warhammer/terrain/

i experiment much with my material, see what works and what doesn't. I recently bought some artificial water and can't wait to work with that. Making snow bases is also much fun!
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

Uuuuhj... Great!!! Big Grin

Laudes!

Philip said that the Athenians were like the bust of Hermes: all mouth and dick. 
Looks nice my friend, i would have added more contrast on the flesh tones tho. Love the shield design!!!!!
Periklis Salessiotis

<a class="postlink" href="http://periklis-salessiotis.moonfruit.com">http://periklis-salessiotis.moonfruit.com

[Image: 06.jpg]
Yes, i got some new flesh colours and i want to experiment with those.

the shield design, pff that was very difficult. I painted it by hand. I got the idea from one of the Hoplite reenactors sites.
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

Hi Gioi,

the best stuff for grass are the products from Siflor. You can get it from http://www.fredericus-rex.de/index.htm

Here is an example how I used the stuff:

[Image: 54-011rat.jpg]

It's much better than static grass.

Cheers
Andreas
Andreas Strassmeir
How does that work Andreas? Drill a hole and put a little bunch in?
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Hallo Jasper,

the stuff works very easy, no drilling necessary. It comes already in tufts, so just peel it of the carrier-paper, put some glue to the bottom of the tuft and stick it on.

[Image: siflor-1.jpg]

The grass comes in a variety of 3 different lengths and in 3 or 4 different colours.

[Image: siflor.jpg]

After sticking the grass on I usually give the whole base a coat of matt varnish to take the sheen of the grass. Finally the tufts get dry-brushed with oil-paint.

I hope this is of any help.

Cheers
Andreas
Andreas Strassmeir
Thank you a bunch Arminius! Big Grin

Uhj you have to see the great collection that Faventianus have, around 60! :lol:

Looks like neat stuff. Thanks for the tip!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Quote:Hi Gioi,

the best stuff for grass are the products from Siflor. You can get it from http://www.fredericus-rex.de/index.htm

Here is an example how I used the stuff:

[Image: 54-011rat.jpg]

It's much better than static grass.

Cheers
Andreas

A bit off topic, but if that's your work, it's great. Big Grin Looks Iroquois.
[Image: parsiaqj0.png]
[size=92:7tw9zbc0]- Bonnie Lawson: proudly Manx.[/size]
Hi Zenodoros,

thanks for the compliments!
Well, …. It’s partly my work: The figure was designed and painted by me, the sculpting has been done by my buddy Markus Eckmann who is a professional sculptor.

Iroquois – pretty close – it is actually the “First of the Mohegansâ€
Andreas Strassmeir

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Greek Hoplite Bust 1/10 periklis_sale 9 2,859 02-20-2007, 05:13 PM
Last Post: periklis_sale