Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RAT April Newsletter
This should reach your inboxes momentarily, but in case it doesn't:
Quote:Dear Romanarmy enthusiasts,

Here's the new Romanarmy.com/RAT newsletter with the usual tidbits and goodies.

Arrow 1: Hadrian's Wall from the air. Dr.Mike Bishop's fund raiser for his project to photograph the entire length of Hadrian's wall from the air has been a success. Mike tells me the flight is planned for the end of this month. Read about it here.

Arrow 2: Correct RAT link. It's been stated before, but I'll say it again. The direct server address of Romanarmy.com and RAT should work, but it may not always be the case. So to make sure you can always reach the site, use the official links: http://www.romanarmy.com and http://www.romanarmy.com/rat.

Arrow 3: Crista Transversa. The best new member(s) of every month used to be awarded the Crista Transversa. However, due to other real life time commitments our current judge and jury (all in one) is unable to award this medal. Who would like to help us out and help distinguish valuable newcomers? Please contact me for more info. Thanks!

Arrow 4: Ancient Warfare magazine. Let's start this item off with a big THANK YOU! Many RAT members have shown their support for the new magazine by signing up for the free brochure (which ought to reach you within a week or two, depending on where you are in the world) and by spreading the word. As a result, we've gathered almost 1500 applications for the brochure, a very encouraging start. If you haven't yet, why not? It's free! Get it here.
This weekend we'll open the shop at Ancient-Warfare.com so you can subscribe and ensure you'll get every issue of Ancient Warfare delivered to your door. Subscriptions will cost 29,95 euros per year (6 issues) including postage, excluding 6% VAT in the EU. Note: the introductory brochure contains a discount code, so you may want to wait until you get it.
Finally, we are looking for retailers for our single issues. Reenactment suppliers, specialized bookstores and museums would be excellent candidates whom we can offer good rates. Know anyone who might be interested, then please tell them about us. Thanks!

Arrow 5: Deepeeka's new Imperial Italic B. Deepeeka is making 10 helmets new Imperial Italic B's (AH6317N) available at the very reduced prices of $175 including shipping. Now to ensure that everyone has a fair chance of getting one of these ten helmets, we'll instate the following procedure.
On SUNDAY APRIL 15th at 10.00PM GMT (that's 5PM EST, 11.00PM Amsterdam) I will open the thread in the RAT marketplace titled "Deepeeka's New Imperial Italic B's at great discount!". Post in that thread if you want a helmet.
Remember, if you claimed it, you bought it!
Note: you need to send me your username, real name and email address when you claim a helmet so I can pass all necessary info on to Gagan

That's all for now. See you on RAT!

Best

Jasper
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine