Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with \'Search\' feature ?
Avete,

For some reason the 'Search' feature is acting screwy. To test it I entered my name for the 'author' field and the word 'roman' and I get zero posts or topics.

Anyone else having this problem ?

~Theo
Jaime
Yes I got the same problem this morning. Took several attempts to get anything from it. Seems to be a bit hit and miss.
Sulla Felix

AKA Barry Coomber

COH I BATAVORVM MCRPF
Hi Theo,
It is possible that the word 'roman' is automatically excluded from the search index because it occurs too often on this forum. Looking for it would then return no results.
I just tried your name & the word 'Search' and that did work without a hitch.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Hi Jasper,

I tried a new search a few minutes ago and it seemed to work normally again. But I just tested it now and am getting no matchings.

Like Sulla says, it seems to be hit and miss.

~Theo
Jaime
Did you get 'no matches' or an empty box with no text at all? That's a modded phpbb's way of saying 'Cannot do another search within 30 seconds'
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Quote:No topics or posts met your search criteria

I just tried it now. Entered "graham sumner" for the author field and "roman" for the query field. Same result as quoted above.

~Theo
Jaime
From my previous posting:
Quote:It is possible that the word 'roman' is automatically excluded from the search index because it occurs too often on this forum. Looking for it would then return no results.

If you try 'Graham Sumner' and e.g. clothing you do get a load of results.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Seems to be working fine now Jasper. Yesterday I putt in "Matt L" as author and got 0, today 400 plus! Maybe the search engine took Easter off?
Sulla Felix

AKA Barry Coomber

COH I BATAVORVM MCRPF
Quote:From my previous posting:
Quote:It is possible that the word 'roman' is automatically excluded from the search index because it occurs too often on this forum. Looking for it would then return no results.

If you try 'Graham Sumner' and e.g. clothing you do get a load of results.

Sorry, I forgot to answer. I also tried "book" and "helmet" along with "Graham Sumner" in the author field.

~Theo
Jaime
Hmmm. It is possible that Graham never used the word book, of course, but helmet does work for me. Strange. Well, the system is certainly not perfect. It is possible that it acts up now and then. Can't help then until we move to V3.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Quote:Hmmm. It is possible that Graham never used the word book, of course, but helmet does work for me. Strange. Well, the system is certainly not perfect. It is possible that it acts up now and then. Can't help then until we move to V3.

Good point. No reason to fix the old system when we're transitioning to a new one. :wink:

~Theo
Jaime