Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kit for the kids
Wish I was 10 years old again Sad

ABS Italic D

[Image: 37fa_1_b.JPG]

Check out the rest of the seller's items.

[Image: 9cbd_1_b.JPG]
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Very nice, and perhaps just what I need for my grandson.

Oh you guys in the UK have all the good stuff! :wink:

Thanks for the link Tarbicus!

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
Really excellent stuff!
Dan Diffendale
Ph.D. candidate, University of Michigan
Hey, isn`t the neck quard on a wrong angle? How about the brow quard, I have seen no original items like that? The bowls of the original helmets are much deeper! And on top of it all, it has no hinges between the cheek quards and the bowl!!!!
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
Jyrki, you think all of that's bad - check out the size!
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
That's surely a RAT collateral effect... Good.
I'd suggest some lining for kids' face safety...

Valete,
TITVS/Daniele Sabatini

... Tu modo nascenti puero, quo ferrea primum
desinet ac toto surget Gens Aurea mundo,
casta faue Lucina; tuus iam regnat Apollo ...

Vergilius, Bucolicae, ecloga IV, 4-10
[Image: PRIMANI_ban2.gif]
That would be perfect for our planned Roman Kid Legion weekend camp. And the prices are really not bad at all. Does anybody know if they would ship a batch to the USA? Their ebay.uk pages only says they ship to UK. Is anybody near them?

What's the exchange rate these days of dollars and pounds?
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Quote:That would be perfect for our planned Roman Kid Legion weekend camp. And the prices are really not bad at all. Does anybody know if they would ship a batch to the USA? Their ebay.uk pages only says they ship to UK. Is anybody near them?

What's the exchange rate these days of dollars and pounds?
Get in touch with them via the Ask Seller a Question and explain what you do, who you are, etc. Maybe offer photos for them to use for publicity? If they still won't ship to the US let us know. I'd imagine a larger order than usual might tempt them?

For exchange rates I use XE.com
http://www.xe.com/ucc/
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Thanks, Jim. I did ask on the eBay.uk "ask the seller". We'll see what they send back. For what they are, the price is incredibly good. Naturally, the freight will be murderous, but oh, well.

We were thinking of the "Gold Legion/Silver Legion" using their shields and helmets. It's always good to divide into teams for a little gentle competition, and building team spirit, etc. And since everybody wins, nobody loses. (Gosh! Quick, write that down! How profound!)
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
As a matter of fact, I did send an e-mail about postage to the US.

Yes they will ship to the US, even on a single helmet.

However...

You are quite right Demetrius, the postage IS murderous.

To Burbank it is just over 19 pounds. (about $35 or so).

The price on the helmet itself is great and it is by far the best looking I have seen, but that postage does give me pause...

:? cry: :?

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
Figures.

But I'll bet the unit freight cost is much better for say a dozen of each color helmet, though I couldn't say exactly how much better. Cheaper than swimming round trip, I'll warrant. :lol: More reliable, too. I saw on the map that there be dragons halfway across the sea.... Confusedhock:
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Dragons indeed!

I was a pretty good swimmer in my day, but that day is long past and the Atlantic is awfully wide...

You are probably correct about there being a better rate (per helmet) for 24 as opposed to just one. And who knows, the manufacturer might give you a discount for a large enough order, or because you are a RAT member. (Hope springs eternal...)

If your legion should decide to order these helmets please let me know, perhaps I could purchase one from you or "piggy-back" one on your order.

Good luck!

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
Will do. It won't be very soon, but should happen someday.

Will PM about the piggyback.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
This looks like something that US dealers like Lawrensnest or Soulofthewarrior might want to carry; they could arrange larger shipments.
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Quote:This looks like something that US dealers like Lawrensnest or Soulofthewarrior might want to carry; they could arrange larger shipments.

Indeed it does, and no doubt they could.

Perhaps they are watching and will give this idea due consideration.

It seems to me that an item of this quality, attractively priced, could do rather well on the US market. After all Halloween is big business here.

:wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA