Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An open invitation from the Batavians!
Crap Cry And there was me thinking I'd have something to do in November...Is it on this year Jasper?
MARCVS VLPIVS NERVA (aka Martin McAree)

www.romanarmy.ie

Legion Ireland - Roman Military Society of Ireland
Legionis XX Valeria Victrix Cohors VIII

[email protected]

[email protected]
This year the conference will be held at Mainz (germany). Dates are still unknown, check the 'Romanarmy.com projects' subforum!

Link: www.romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=19774
ALA I BATAVORUM
Mainz would be a great place for a first visit to Germania!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
There won't be any sheep left in the Netherlands by November - we are there in August!!! :lol:
Semisalis Abruna of the Batavi iuniores Britanniciani
aka Nick Marshall
As the Batavi seem to have kicked in, I would like to pose a question. I am looking for some designs for a Kessel type Germanic shield. Please could someone share some data, other then the great drawing in AW 1 of elite tribal infantry. I have a Kessel shield with a green leather background in the making and would like some believable patterns for the early 1 st century, when the allies were still retaining their original weaponary in Roman service.

BTW in Holland, sheepslayers are frowned upon. We clobber trespassers with hefty wooden shoes we otherwise sell to Japanese tourists or tie them to the blade of a convenient nearby windmill, the newer ones being 80 meters high :lol:
Salvete et Valete

Nil volentibus arduum

Robert P. Wimmers
www.erfgoedenzo.nl/Diensten/Creatie Big Grin
And of course, being real Dutchmen, you have no need of ladders to tie them to the uppermost blade!! Tongue lol:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Nah, we're smarter then that! We tie them to the blade closest to the ground and then release the brakeprawl to send them on their merry way. Last one cleared the churchtower when the rope finaly came unstuck :lol:
Salvete et Valete

Nil volentibus arduum

Robert P. Wimmers
www.erfgoedenzo.nl/Diensten/Creatie Big Grin