Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virginia Tech
Anyone of us from Virginia?

Anyway, a prayer for all those with relatives there.... Cry
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Its about 2.5 hours from where I am sitting at the moment.
"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

a.k.a. Paul M.
Terrible, just terrible Sad

I'm wondering what lunacy motivated it this time...
-Christy Beall
[url:uj7gvmor]http://www.k92radio.com[/url]

Radio station local to Virginia Tech, has streaming audio and the latest info on the tragic events. Just click on the "Listen Live" on the left.

Prayers and condolences for the families of the victims and the survivors from a former Mannassas resident. I'm going to hug my own kids excessively tonight.
Gaius Marius Cingetorix

M.K.A. J.D. Walker

Rome didn\'t create a great empire by having meetings....
They did it by KILLING all those who opposed them.
I'd like to know why the earlier shooting didn't have more security and police crawling around the area. School or not, that's a crime scene, why weren't officers of either campus police or the local service on scene?

Legion: TBD
I heard that Virginia Tech campus is about 600 acres and 26.000 people live and work there. That's a small town. My town is not twice that size. Ever seen a small town being shut down because of (what everybody thought was) an isolated shooting incident? Never happens.

Some things you just can't foretell - cut the officers some slack.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
My sentiments exactly! It was what appeared to be a crime of passion/domestic type incident! You would have to be Nostrodamus to haver forseen this!

My sympathy to all the victims and families!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Indeed I fear the greatest faults in this case are the psychogists that treated this guy and maybe even the teachers that saw his day to day behaviour. But then teachers are not trained to spot mental illnesses. Theirs is not the greatest fault. I'd like to know more about the family. Why were they left alone in handling this guy? Or were they too like ostriches.

Before asking the heads of the police there are many other people that didn't do, for one reason or another, their jobs. Why wasn' this guy spotted and intercepted earlier?
Jeffery Wyss
"Si vos es non secui of solutio tunc vos es secui of preciptate."
How do you interecept this guy?

yes in hindsight the warning signs are there but what do the police do?

Hold this guy in a cell until he does something?

How many people have we all thought are acting weird but woudl you ever think they would get a gun and do that?

I have had some weird staff in times gone by but never thought this coudl happen.

Fault in my opinion is that such a person who had received psychiatric help as now known, should never been able to buy a weapon. There were no safety checks.

But then, buying arms would not be difficult either.

It is such a tragedy and waste of young life..not to mention the heroic efforts of the ex WW2 veteran lecturer who was shot blocking the door while his students escaped.

Just tragic

Sad ( ( (
Rubicon

"let the die be cast "

(Stefano Rinaldo)
Other heroes are a male student shot twice in the leg through the door and a female student shot once in the hand while they blocked their classroom door; both are alive and recovering.

(edit to nix any hint at politics)
James Barker
Legio XIIII Martia Victrix
Can we avoid the political comments please?
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
I add my sadness at this tragic event Cry Cry
What on earth motivated that kid to do that to his fellow students and lecturers....???
My sympathies also go to the parents, relatives, friends and survivors, who are feeling the pain of loss right now.
The heroic WW2 veteran was also a survivor of the holocaust...
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-
I have just seen the first pieces of footage from what the student sent to authorities...truly sad
Rubicon

"let the die be cast "

(Stefano Rinaldo)
I have family in Virginia, although none who attend/ed Virginia Tech. Truly chilling information coming out about the shooter. Sad to see a soul become that desperate. Even moreso when one such as that decides to take others with him.

My prayers go out to all those who have been touched by this tragedy and may God grant them peace.
Paul Basar - Member of Wildfire Game\'s Project 0 AD
Wildfire Games - Project 0 A.D.
Quote:I have just seen the first pieces of footage from what the student sent to authorities...truly sad

He seems to be either addressing some person by talking to that camera, or maybe he's talking to himself? Very weird, very sad. Cry
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Catching up with Legion tech jkaler48 4 1,182 05-18-2010, 02:18 AM
Last Post: Sean Manning
  Barbarian Battle Tech on THC Gaivs Antonivs Satvrninvs 1 1,085 07-05-2007, 04:36 AM
Last Post: DanM