Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On a Positive Note
I have been a member of a few groups from time to time, but have never stuck with any others as I have with this one. In some ways, I am way out of my league here, but NO ONE in this group has EVER made me feel that way. I very much appreciate the willingness of members to answer questions to the best of their ability. The accumulated knowledge of this group must be incredible! Even though I am not a re-enactor, or an archaeologist or an historian, and I have never been in the military (in this life ) I feel quite at home here.<br>
<br>
Sometimes the debates get quite heated, but I feel there is a real effort made to maintain courtesy and respect for each other even under the influence of intense emotion. And boy, can those debates get interesting!<br>
<br>
Thank you moderators and members for being here!<br>
*wipes away tear* Er...sorry for going all mush on you.<br>
<br>
Wendy <p></p><i></i>
We love you too Wendy...in fact, when members of RAT get sworn in, they have to get a tattoo that says "TLC for RAT" on the inside arch of their left foot, to show our fellowship.<br>
<br>
I think truly, one of this forum's secrets to it's success is the maturity level (except me...), and the varied nationalities brought together by a single passion. It's like "the metals we mix to make a good sword." <p><br>
Magnus/Matt<br>
Optio<br>
Legio XXX "Ulpia Victrix" </p><i></i>
Just don't mention the war, or tunic colors, or women reenacting legionaries... Three explosive subjects!<br>
<br>
I'm glad you like the friendliness; we do try very hard to welcome all ages, interests, and backgrounds. I have seen too many discussion forums that develop exclusionary cliques, anti-newbie attitudes, or just don't make enough of an effort to invite new members.<br>
<br>
There aren't too many teens and kids here, either, so being a mature crowd it's a very decent bunch.<br>
<br>
Another really nice group of folks online, if you are into marine aquaria, is [url=http://www.thereeftank.com" target="top]www.thereeftank.com[/url]<br>
<br>
Cheers<br>
Jenny<br>
<br>
<p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
What could possibly be controversial about a fish tank?<br>
<br>
I think we all have Jenny to thank for the overall tone of the board, tunics and modern politics notwithstanding, and I don't hold her accountable for those.<br>
And we of the 20th did say she could kit up with us whenever she's in town. Unless she wants to be a vexillation of Legio XX: the franchise rights are cheap, and we have neat bumper stickers. <p>Richard Campbell, Legio XX<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
What bumper stickers would this be rich? "I break for small Celts...and stab them"? <p><br>
Magnus/Matt<br>
Optio<br>
Legio XXX "Ulpia Victrix" </p><i></i>
HEAR! HEAR! to the above! (oops...I don't mean the stabbing small celts bit!)<br>
Jackie. <p></p><i></i>
REAL MEN WEAR IRON<br>
<br>
Actually have this one! <p></p><i></i>
I was trying to do a screen capture of it, but the site cleverly prevents it; you can do it yourself at<br>
www.makestickers.com<br>
by selecting the international style euro bumper sticker, and the template with the writing in the edge. Main letters:<br>
SPQR and in the edge<br>
www.larp.com/legioXX <p>Richard Campbell, Legio XX<br>
<br>
</p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub45.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=richsc@romanarmytalk>RichSC</A> at: 2/16/03 2:24:40 pm<br></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
A friend of mine in Washington DC had a bumper sticker saying "If you can read this, you're too close" stuck in the back of the front passenger's seat.<br>
I thought it was amusing... <p></p><i></i>
<br>
<br>
<br>
"ROMANS DO IT BETTER"<br>
<br>
<br>
Valete,<br>
<br>
Titus Sabatinus Aquilius<br>
<br>
"Desilite, inquit, commilitones, nisi vultis aquilam hostibus prodere" D.B.G. (4.25) <p></p><i></i>
TITVS/Daniele Sabatini

... Tu modo nascenti puero, quo ferrea primum
desinet ac toto surget Gens Aurea mundo,
casta faue Lucina; tuus iam regnat Apollo ...

Vergilius, Bucolicae, ecloga IV, 4-10
[Image: PRIMANI_ban2.gif]
When my family was travelling around Britain many years ago in a rented car, we saw a bumper sticker on the car ahead of us that said: DON'T FOLLOW ME, I'M LOST TOO. We thought it was pretty funny because we were lost at the time.<br>
<br>
Wendy <p></p><i></i>
There was an anti-nukes bumper sticker (remember them?) back in the 80s which had a picture of a dinosaur and read: "EXINCT! Too Much Armour, Not Enough Brains".<br>
<br>
A mate of mine who was a medieval re-enactor cut the dinosaur and the word "Extinct" off and stuck one on his car and the other on his armouring workshop door. <p>Tim O'Neill / Thiudareiks Flavius<br>
<br>
Visit 'Clades Variana' - Home of the Varus Film Project<br>
<br>
Help create the film of Publius Quinctilius Varus' lost legions</p><i></i>
Tim ONeill / Thiudareiks Flavius /Thiudareiks Gunthigg

HISTORY FOR ATHEISTS - New Atheists Getting History Wrong
I am a new one and I love this group too. <p></p><i></i>

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  And On A Lighter Note: Sci-Fi About Rome ... Narukami 0 737 06-06-2010, 07:38 PM
Last Post: Narukami