Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sword blade started/FINISHED
Indeed, had I a milling machine, I certainly wouldn't be asking about using a bench grinder.

Tony, I see your point. I had considered the concave grind from the smaller wheel, but maybe had underestimated how much it would be.
Marcus Julius Germanus
m.k.a. Brian Biesemeyer
S.P.Q.A.
Thats it Marcvs you need a large wheel to do this I will pull some pics on off Medieval grind smiths and you will get a idea of how big they need to be, another solution would be to buy a cheap sword that just about has most of the work done and strip of the handle and ditch the scabbard.
Regards Brennivs Big Grin
Woe Ye The Vanquished
                     Brennvs 390 BC
When you have all this why do you envy our mud huts
                     Caratacvs
Centvrio Princeps Brennivs COH I Dacorivm (Roma Antiqvia)
Apologies for any confusion I created. I was attempting to show an example of the technique of running a blade lengthwise down the grinding wheel, not by any means implying that a milling machine would be available. Big Grin

Sorry for any inconvenience.

:oops:

And I agree with the blades feeling different when milled out. I grind all my personal work by hand from flat stock on my pedestal grinder. It certainly lends a sense of personality and ownership to the work. Smile
Q. Epidicus Andronicus
-
A.k.a. Clayton Woods
Albion Blade Shop
[url:15qvwv6k]http://www.albion-swords.com[/url]
Clayton No need to apologise please keep any thoughts you have coming all information is welcome Big Grin
Regards Brennivs Big Grin
Woe Ye The Vanquished
                     Brennvs 390 BC
When you have all this why do you envy our mud huts
                     Caratacvs
Centvrio Princeps Brennivs COH I Dacorivm (Roma Antiqvia)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Grinding a Sword Blade How To? brennivs - tony drake 74 27,103 01-26-2018, 06:21 PM
Last Post: brennivs - tony drake
  Ring Pommel Sword and Scabbard FINISHED brennivs - tony drake 57 13,913 08-21-2008, 08:01 PM
Last Post: brennivs - tony drake