Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is Why Alaskans Carry Guns
I was about to comment that American exaggerate when I saw Christian's post.

Hey Robert, Alexander of Phereai is reputed to have been killed by a boar archer Tongue

American bears must have expanded their technological base from then I guess :lol:

Kind regards
A few month ago, we have had a bear problem (called a "problem-bear" in the german press) in southern bavaria.

He has killed a big number of sheeps, but he had disappeared before the hunters arrived! Over weeks he has out-maneuvred his chasers (in the last days some swedish specs with dogs)! First time they preferred to get him alive, but they killed him finally!

He was for a long time ninja-like!!! 8)

They are intelligent and are skilled in the use of human tech:

[Image: bear.jpg]
Confusedhock:

The most terrifying event ever to happen in my street was two tabby cats fighting over an old chicken carcass!
If I lived in Alaska I'd be too scared to leave my house right now
Memmia AKA Joanne Wenlock.
Friends of Letocetum
Half my family comes from the 'hills' West Virginia, Virginia, Tennesse, and Kentucky, down where all the states come together. Any way, they have the slightly smaller black bears and I can tell you from seeing with my own two eyes that bear crap anit something you step in, it's something you trip over. Such fun we had as kids on summer break at grandmas.
Marcus Marius Agrippa
Will Dial
"Stop quoting laws, we carry weapons." - Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus
hey now, animals here in WV do have rights. they have the right to sit beside the corn or beisde the potatoes on my plate
Tiberius Claudius Lupus

Chuck Russell
Keyser,WV, USA
[url:em57ti3w]http://home.armourarchive.org/members/flonzy/Roman/index.htm[/url]
Quote:I was about to comment that American exaggerate when I saw Christian's post.
I hope you didn´t miss the subtle irony in my statement... Smile
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.
Quote:he had disappeared before the hunters arrived! [Image: bear.jpg]

I see! Big Grin Is this where he hid or where they finally caught up with him?
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:
Quote:I was about to comment that American exaggerate when I saw Christian's post.
I hope you didn´t miss the subtle irony in my statement... Smile

Oh...

Now I understand...

Unless I misinterpret something here...

No political comments allowed on RAT unless they are ANTI-AMERICAN comments, where insinuations don't apply... And Americans don't dare make any comments back... of course... not Politically Correct, we understand...

Well, some of us understand you may prefer the company of, say, perhaps the Iranians, over the Americans , what with the peaceful Iranian nuclear weapons program, and their progressive social agenda and all. Your choice. But please don't ask us to bail anyone out , like we did the last time Europe was subjected to a mass conflagration...

Maybe we should sit the next one out. American Isolationism may be a good thing for both of us.

Thanks,
Ralph Izard

2/60 Inf, 9th Inf Division
57th Dustoff (Medivac)

and no offense to anyone, but we were the best in the business.
Quote:I see! Is this where he hid or where they finally caught up with him?

That´s no the problem-bear - that pic is from the web!

Bruno was a brown bear!

Quote:Maybe we should sit the next one out. American Isolationism may be a good thing for both of us.

Nice try! Do you spill german beer in the gully at this moment?
Quote:No political comments allowed on RAT unless they are ANTI-AMERICAN comments, where insinuations don't apply... And Americans don't dare make any comments back... of course... not Politically Correct, we understand...

Ralph maybe your being a little touchy here. This is afterall a mostly European forum. Now tell me you dont hear French jokes from us Yanks all he time, rifle droppers, white flags, surrender monkeys etc etc?
"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

a.k.a. Paul M.
Quote:This is afterall a mostly European forum
Hell no, it ain't. If you look at visitor stats to Romanarmy.com (which is mostly to RAT), it's over 50% US.
However, even if someone came from a tiny island in the South-Pacific and was greatly outnumbered by everyone else, political statements about that island, its government or its inhabitants would still not be allowed. That is the general rule and does not reflect on what was posted in this thread.

Ralph, in future, please PM or email me if you have a complaint about postings and / or how RAT is moderated.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Sorry Jasper it just seemed to be mostly European to me. Didnt mean to get your dander up.
"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

a.k.a. Paul M.
Quote:Didnt mean to get your dander up.
You didn't. Big Grin
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
oh great now u done did it paul. caused a world debate and more hatred between countries. geeeez. Wink hehehehehe
Tiberius Claudius Lupus

Chuck Russell
Keyser,WV, USA
[url:em57ti3w]http://home.armourarchive.org/members/flonzy/Roman/index.htm[/url]
And all of that over a bear who just happened to tackle an oversized deer on somebody's driveway. Go figure.... :wink:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)