Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
History Channel: Life & Death In Ancient Rome
Caught part of a show on the History Channel last night: Life & Death In Ancient Rome

Has anyone seen this or was anyone from the Forum involved?

From what I saw it looked pretty good -- follows a young recruit named Maximus from his basic training though his various duty postings with his legion (life in camp etc.) to his death in battle.

Again, it looked good and I wonder what others thought of it. As with everything else on the History Channel this show is bound to play again, and again, and again... Tongue

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
I think I saw this a while back on UKTV History, if it's the one I am thinking of, it was pretty good!
I quite like these drama-docs on the history channels

It was followed by Pompeii- the Last day (which has been played again, and again, and again) Big Grin
Have you ever seen this one? It's pretty good too
Memmia AKA Joanne Wenlock.
Friends of Letocetum
No I haven't seen it yet -- but I will look for it. Thanks for the recommendation! Smile

I did see an excellent program on the destruction of Herculaneum (discussed in another thread) that was on the PBS series 'Secrets Of The Dead.' That program touched briefly upon Pompeii but focused extensively on the work being done at Herculaneum. It was excellent -- worth hunting for on the TV schedule.

Thanks again for the alert.

:wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Open Access Journals on Ancient History Jona Lendering 33 45,629 03-20-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: mcbishop
  Syvanne\'s \"Military History of Late Rome 284-361\" Nathan Ross 22 12,855 11-18-2015, 07:30 AM
Last Post: Virilis
  Book on History Of Rome Narukami 5 2,436 12-28-2012, 03:49 AM
Last Post: ANTONIVS MAGNVS